BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Michelin PS3 - OMG

8K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  E55AMG2 
#1 ·
Had above fitted to Stock rims (Rear Only - PS2's on Front) a week ago, and OH MY GOD. I am experiencing grip like I have never had before. What an Amazing Tyre!!

When trying to get the back end loose, these just keep finding grip!

Steve

#2 ·
They're getting a lot of good reviews on the web, mostly by Mondeo drivers it seems. Interesting.

Update when you see any wear on them, how long will they last?

#18 ·
They're getting a lot of good reviews on the web, mostly by Mondeo drivers it seems. Interesting.

Update when you see any wear on them, how long will they last?
Dont knock the Mondeo Drivers - I was one pre M5! Will keep you updated on wear!

I was under the impression that the PS3 is not a direct replacement for the PS2 and is actually a lower-performance tyre in extremis (which is why you can still buy the PS2). What did you have on the rears previously?
I previously had The Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3, which wasn't brilliant but at the time was cheaper than the previous PS2's I had on (and I was feeling the pinch!).

PS3 is supposedly the PS2 with better wet performance IIRC
That it most definatly is!

Steve

#17 ·
Lodge Tyres - Walsall, £284 each Fitted, The best price I could find was Black Circles at £280ish fitted. Would definately reccomend Lodge Tyres looked after the car, rims unharmed and nice bunch of lads.

#6 ·
I thought that the PS/3 was not a direct replacement for the PS/2 as well. The PS/3 is for more main stream application, the new Pilot Super Sport is for high performance application. The minor irritation is that they are not available in 275/35/R18 but are 245/40/R18. The nearest for the stock rears is 265/40/R18 which would give about a 3KPH speedo error as the rolling radius is about 60mm larger.

#11 ·
After looking, I like the sound of the Super Sports, and not sure if that other thread is really negative as such, just early days after they were released and bit of confusion over intended use...

#13 ·
Good luck getting more then 10K miles out of them :) I will never buy a set of Nittos, when I bought my car it had Nittos, which supposedly, were brand new when I picked up the car. I did not do any crazy burnouts or drifting, mostly highway and in-town driving, and I got less then 10K miles out of them.

#19 ·
Anyone know where I can get a pair in the US?

#28 ·
I have four 275/35ZR18 PSS in my garage right now waiting to go on my wheels when they get back from powdercoat. They are going to be a little over $400 cheaper than the PS2, installed. I can't believe price and availibilty could vary that much, well I can I guess. Must be a profit consideration.

Sent from my Motorola_i1 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.