BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed on the tirerack website there are two seperate listing for our stock size ps-2's, one has a red star indicating a new size and the other indicates mercedes. I've emailed Luke twice this week to question it and no response. Has anyone heard if they brought back our non-mo sizing? I'm planning on running 275's all around on oe rear rims in the next month or two and with my coilovers I don't even want to try the mo's.

BK

·
Registered
776 Posts
The 275/35R18s only come in the MO version. My buddy just purchased rear tires from the Tirerack and that is what he received. I have switched to Toyo RA1s.

·
10,456 Posts
i run 4 275/35 -18 MO version, no issues at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recently purchased 4 new ps2's in sotck sizes and also received 2 mo's. could not finnd non-mo's anywhere vin the ps2's.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Dunlop 9000

I was wondering if any of you have ever tried the Dunlop 9000? I had a decent amount of experience with these on a 99 540 6 speed and they were simply superb. I actually also use them on one of my Volvos and got them to last longer than 25000 miles.

·
10,456 Posts
I was wondering if any of you have ever tried the Dunlop 9000? I had a decent amount of experience with these on a 99 540 6 speed and they were simply superb. I actually also use them on one of my Volvos and got them to last longer than 25000 miles.
not sure if dunlop has changed them at all, but i had them on my 98 528, circa 01 or so, and didn't like them. Decent day to day tire, but got incredibly noisy at about half tread, and were a bit squirmy on the track. I've been very pleased with both the original pilot sport and ps2, and am not worried about longevity as much as performance and noise.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
i run 4 275/35 -18 MO version, no issues at all.
Same here.

There were issues for a time, and I think the wienies at Michelin went and changed the molds and didn't own up to it. They kept with the same story line, 'same size, never had any problems'. So...

Anyway, the MOs work fine.

The bigger issue is this:

Lets say you find the last 4 'non-MOs' and buy them.

An then run over a nail in two weeks- tear up the sidewall.

Whatcha gonna do?

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
Lets say you find the last 4 'non-MOs' and buy them.

An then run over a nail in two weeks- tear up the sidewall.

Whatcha gonna do?
Call tire busters?

Reactions: ard
1 - 9 of 9 Posts