BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
For some reason couldnt open the pics. I saw the measurements, but will need some idea of how many miles have been put on these. Also, can you email me the pics at [email protected]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought used wheels from a forum member on e60.net. He stated the tires have 6K miles on them. Since I have received them last week, I have not mounted them. They are ready to be shipped. I will get pics to you tomorrow. I didn't realize non-forum members wouldn't be able to view the pics over there... Sorry.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you don't mind me asking- why are you selling? Depending on how they've been driven on, I equate 6k mile to about having 70-80% life remaining. With that in mind I would assume the price should be somewhere lower than 70-80% of retail- or it would just make sense to buy new.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If you don't mind me asking- why are you selling? Depending on how they've been driven on, I equate 6k mile to about having 70-80% life remaining. With that in mind I would assume the price should be somewhere lower than 70-80% of retail- or it would just make sense to buy new.
When I bought my iforged wheels, they came with these tires. They were too low of a profile for my liking. I want better rim protection so I have decided to go with a 35 series front and a 30 series rear. Since they were described as being "almost new". I figured I could easily sell them. Also, the tread wear is very even, there are no low spots!

Tire rack sells the set new for $1594 + shipping. I am selling for $725 shipped. This is under 50% of retail. I am selling this low cause I just want to buy new meatier tires of a lesser brand and not be anything out of pocket. For Michelins, this is a great value. Brand new, this tire has a 9/32 tread depth. On the set I am selling, the fronts have a 8/32 and the rears have 6/32's. They are valued realistically at 70-80% of retail, but for used tires in this economy, I won't get that. I just want to get my new wheels mounted and will use whatever I make off of these to buy me a set of Hankooks. I am not looking to make a profit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts