BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 BMW E63 M6, Sapphire Black
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any major differences between these tires? I'm wanting summer performance tires for my M6. (Good Year performance all seasons on it right now that have 9/10 tread left and will go for sale after install)

I'm running 4S on my E60 w/ N62 and I have a spin problem with them. They don't seem to get good traction under hard acceleration. Worried they would stand no chance with the S85.

I've had PS2 on my E60 in the past, but its been so long I don't recall the difference.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Comparing a PS2 to a PS4S is like comparing an iPhone 3 to an iPhone 11.

Do you have the PS4 or the PS4S on your N62?

What's the manufacture date on your N62 Michelins?

I had to get almost-R-Comp-Yoko AD08Rs because the PS4S was on backorder in December of 2019. Not the best in the rain, but they will be too much fun on Monday at Buttonwillow. I would rather have the PS4S as a daily that is almost a sticky track tire, than my AD08R track than I'm daily driving on the street.

·
Registered
2009 BMW E63 M6, Sapphire Black
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Comparing a PS2 to a PS4S is like comparing an iPhone 3 to an iPhone 11.

Do you have the PS4 or the PS4S on your N62?

What's the manufacture date on your N62 Michelins?

I had to get almost-R-Comp-Yoko AD08Rs because the PS4S was on backorder in December of 2019. Not the best in the rain, but they will be too much fun on Monday at Buttonwillow. I would rather have the PS4S as a daily that is almost a sticky track tire, than my AD08R track than I'm daily driving on the street.
They are Pilot Sport 4S, that is what is on my N62. The N62, doesn't have the same differential technology as our cars with the S85, so that is probably part of the problem. I just dont recall the PS2's having a grip issue under hard acceleration. Not sure of production date, but lots of tread left, so not too distant past.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
The N62, doesn't have the same differential technology as our cars with the S85, so that is probably part of the problem.
One wheel peel. I think you answered your own question.

PS4S is almost a track day tire. PS2 is 15 year old tire tech, grip levels, and tread life. It was a great tire for it’s time.

To find the age of your tire, look at the DOT code. It will tell you the week and year of manufacture.

Reactions: gmtegear
1 - 4 of 4 Posts