BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: Had a photoshoot done with the ever talented Xander Cesari (@merriman.motors on instagram). 20 of those are posted in high res at the end of this post. Here is a link to the full set of 49:

Hello All,

The time has come to part ways with my E34 M5. Car is a January 1990 build date in Jet Black (668) over silver gray (0227). Better pictures will come this weekend as I have a photoshoot scheduled for Saturday, but in the mean time, please see my instagram @gzdaboostman for more pictures.

PRICE: $19,000
MILES: 167,000

This car has been lovingly cared for by each of its previous 3 owners and myself. A European delivery car, it lived in California its entire life until I purchased it. It’s been garaged every entire winter and was never pulled out until the first major rain washed the salt away. Always enthusiast maintained, the focus has been on drivability and originality as opposed to concourse level aesthetics. The car has full service records since it was out of warranty in 1998. I bought this car from BaT in spring 2017, and never intended to sell it, but the time has come. Recent maintenance (within the last year or 3000 miles) includes:

• Inspection II (valves were in spec, spark plugs and wires replaced, etc)
  • Valve cover gasket
  • Fully restored and repainted original front bumper, lip, hood, front quarter panels and trunk (a countach was having it's body work restored next to it to give you an idea of the quality of the shop)
  • New cooling system including water pump, T stat, fan, fan clutch and radiator hoses (All OEM parts)
  • New belts
  • New timing chain tensioner
  • Fully resealed rear diff
  • Complete front seat rebuild with new motor
  • New moonroof switch and panel
  • New transmission fluid (redline MT-90)
  • New rear diff fluid (redline 75w-90)
  • New windshield washer nozzles
  • Auto solutions short shifter with the ratio for the stock knob (what a difference it makes), and a brand new OEM shift knob (I have the original knob and shifter too)
  • Brand new supersprint exhaust with all new gaskets and hardware (Original exhaust included)
  • New OEM Front windshield and surround
  • Reseated and resealed rear windshield with new seals and glass surround
  • New Brakes (see below)
  • New Battery
  • New rear pitman arms and front control arm bushings
All this work was performed by the same BMW technician with over 30 years experience (He remembers prepping E30’s for new car sales). I also installed new hood struts, new brake pads, and new rotors myself (stainless brake lines will be included in sale). I also have about $250 in spare parts for the vaccum/intake system I will include.

The drivetrain is near perfect and the car pulls strong and hard all the way to redline. The car does have a Dinan chip installed and did when I bought it, but I have always been cautious not to exceed 7k RPMs. I also have a D’Sylva stock redline chip NIB that hasn’t been installed. There is some weep from the rear SLS, but it still functions and was recently topped off with Some original Pentosin 7.1 (which is impossible to find these days). A brand new in package M5 badge will be included if not installed before sale.

The pilot supersports have a lot of life left in them, and they’re mounted on M Tech wheels with throwing stars, which in my opinion look way better than the turbo fans. Being an early car (1 of less than 600in NA) this car has a few unique features including silvergray nappa leather (0227) instead of light silvergray nappa leather (0438) and the much better looking ellipsoid headlights instead of the free forms. Being a ’91 this car also has the 3.91 rear diff instead of the 3.73 which is more fun to drive because really, who cares about gas mileage more than acceleration when you’re getting 11/17mpg. Also, the shorter ratio combined with the dinan chip means you passing in 5th is a little easier. You can read more about the differences between years here:

BMW M Registry - FAQ E34 M5

Everything an e34 traditionally needs has been recently done to this car.

Here’s a link to when I listed the car myself in 2018 and it didn't sell:

1991 BMW M5

Here’s a link to the original BaT ad from when I purchased the car. Highlights include a new PS system and guibo:

1991 BMW M5

It is also one of the earliest production M5’s on record in North America according to M registry:

BMW M Registry - E34 M5

BMW M Registry - Car Detail

Feel free to ask any questions. Car is a rock solid driver and I'd love for a fellow M5 enthusiast to enjoy it.

PRICE: $19,000
MILES: 167,000

·
Registered
794 Posts
I take it from your description you’re up north. What state? Edit: never mind Michigan plates :) too bad the 500 isn’t allowing fans or I’d be roughly in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take it from your description you’re up north. What state? Edit: never mind Michigan plates :) too bad the 500 isn’t allowing fans or I’d be roughly in the neighborhood.
On the bright side, plane fare is cheap right now 😂

·
Registered
26 Posts
Where are you located in Michigan? I am 14 and Woodward in Royal Oak. Would love to set up appointment to come and see if at all possible.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey OCBum,

I appreciate your interest! We are very close to each other. I sent you a text message to schedule an appointment. Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Buyer backed out, car is still for sale. Edited the sale pending post to reflect this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Updated the ad with 20 pictures from a photoshoot with the ever talented Xander Cesari (instagram @merriman.motors).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Going to eBay soon if no offers here. This car presents even more beautifully in person. Now is your chance to own the E34 you’ve always wanted!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts