BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Meant to post this a while ago - I tested the MG ZT260 for my site... It is the Mg version of the Rover 75 with the Ford Mustang engine in it - and whilst it only produces 260bhp it sounds brilliant. Dynamically it's not up with the best, but it is a fun car and the engine sound really gives you a grin...

The full review is here:

ZT260 road test

I even did a little video of it accelerating off:

Acceleration Video

if you listen carefully you can here the tyres chirp into 4th at the end.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
You've got to give the likes of MG and Vauxhall some credit. They've both released big engined rear wheel drive cars. And it takes some doing for these kind of manufacturers to do this. Personally I can't see Ford UK being brave enough to release a rear drive RS/Cosworth product anymore. Ford will more than likely stick a crappy 4x4 system into a hotted up Mondeo. One of those systems that splits the power 100% front and then if you throw it around you might be lucky to get 90% front and 10% rear.

The only gripe I have with these cars is the price they are charging for them. The Vauxhall Monaro is about £35,000 and the MG is about £31,000. Way too expensive. If your spending that kind of money the average guy in the street is looking at getting a Merc, BMW or Audi. You can pick up a decent E39 M5 for that kind of money.

·
Registered
518 Posts
MG should use the 4.6l V-8 from the 2005 Ford Mustang GT. It has 300 hp and 320 lb-ft of torque. It also has VVT and an aluminum block which weighs seventy-five pounds less than the iron block of the 04 Mustang GT.

Ford of Australia makes some cool performance cars.

http://fpv.com.au/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts