BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some shots I took today at the show and shine portion of the weekend. I did not make it to the BBQ or morning run... I will be at the race track and will be posting those shortly after that event...

Nice M6s

The exit side of the LP640

E39 heaven

Sponsors M5

I guess Laidback wasnt picky about the domestics showing up ;)

If you look close enough, there is an LP640 in this picture!

I was lucky enough to catch this beautiful young lady posing next to my car :thumbsup: (not sure who she was with)

Nice ACS replica bits... And awesome license plate (I will remove if asked)

That cars hood, tinted CF, really sweet looking

Various crown pics during raffle time

The cars werent the only things to look at :eek:

Laidback realizing he is surround by the ladies

Palas M5

Laidback, Ghostryder(?), and someone else at the end of the event

Some great vintage 2002s (middle is a tii) that local club member brought out (Thanks Chris, great looking vehicles)

Pics are also available here. http://public.fotki.com/VetteRacer/mfest/
Let me know if anyone wants a hi-res of any of them..

It was great seeing everyone I know, and meeting everyone I didn't.
You did a great job Laidback!
Matt

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Hi Matt,

Great shot of the 2002's, that was cool that they were brought out. Your other shots are very nice too. Like the exhaust close up.

Not trying to thread jack, but I didn't know where to put these pics, and I didn't want to create a new thread. I posted some from the morning drive, since you skipped it.

Hope they are okay here, if not, let me know:

Here is one from the Valley of Fire and also one from my breakfast stop at Bob's Big Boy (note the sign). It was rough waking up, but traffic was light.

Looking forward to hearing about the track experiences and seeing your shots.

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice! Great pics, and beautiful weather. I need more :1:

·
Registered
129 Posts
JamE55, that picture was taken in the Valley of Fire State Park group drive, not a freeway.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yes, I took the photo as we were lined up and waiting to gain entry into the park.

We had a guided tour through the park, i.e. a ranger came part way and had his lights flashing and led the tour group through at a socially acceptable speed. Which some rule maker decided should be 35mph. It's totally gorgeous out there, so it's not as painful as it seems, although the roads are in great condition and could likely encourage significantly higher velocities.

But at least we didn't get any tickets inside the park. It was a sight scare to come around a semi-spirited road turn shortly after the video camera taping, and see a ranger's SUV with lights flashing and blocking the road. I was thinking, hmmm. this should be interesting. But then he did a 3 point turn and just led the parade.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Great pictures and the weather looked awsome as well.

Good job to everyone.
Weather was perfect. Not too hot, not too cold. A bit windy at the show on Sat.

Here's a few from the OC Caravan.

Pre-drive prep work. Adding stickers and protective painter's tape. The Z4M's look outstanding. Very unique and original design. And a pair of pristine e39's.

CF goodness all around...

Nice roof Earl!

A view from inside the cabin at an approaching M Fest'er

From the gas station at Barstow, joint meeting spot for the caravans, wide body kitted M3, very nice:

Reactions: DentalBoy

·
Registered
756 Posts
Panorama from Barstow!

Heres a panaromic shot from barstow where the numerous caravans met, that starbucks did quite well im sure, haha. A cop on the left telling us we cant park outside the lines, LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
636 Posts
Weather was perfect. Not too hot, not too cold. A bit windy at the show on Sat.

Here's a few from the OC Caravan.

Pre-drive prep work. Adding stickers and protective painter's tape. The Z4M's look outstanding. Very unique and original design. And a pair of pristine e39's.
Awsome pics Ronin! Would you happen to have video of the caravan as well?

M5boy said:
A cop on the left telling us we cant park outside the lines, LOL.
So did some of you guys move inside the line? What a tool. lol

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Why the blue tape? Is that the ghetto version of clear-bra before the show ?

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
LOL not ghetto at all as we are awaiting to get the cars clear filmed by premiermobilegroup.com
Why the blue tape? Is that the ghetto version of clear-bra before the show ?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts