BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though i would post this in case it helps other.

When i replaced the entire suspension of my E46 3 years ago, i used Meyle hd wishbones and carrier bushings. I was very impressed with the price and service from allgermanparts.co.uk based in Leeds. (just for clarity i have no connection with them)

I had the e46 up yesterday and the arms look as new. very impressed, (they have a 4 year warranty)

This morning i was looking for thrust arms for my Beast, these are the options i had..

1. OE Lemfoder from eurocarparts at £122 each side £244 the pair
Lemforder BMW | Euro Car Parts UK

2. Replace the bushes with powerflex or X5 or Meyle HD probable about £60 but would need to rent or buy the tool to press out the bushings at £40 - £160 and would then be left with a balljoint that had done 82k miles and the hassle of fitting on the car or risk damaging the balljoint removing.

3. Buy new lemforder arms at the above price and retrofit powerflex , X5 or Meyle bushes (this was my preferred long term solution but is expensive) about £300 ish.

4. Import meyle bushed lemforder arms from EAC as mentioned in a post on here about $325 plus shipping taxes so about £300.

i remembered allgermanparts and gave them a ring to see if they happen to do an e39 M5 meyle hd arms

MEYLE-HD

Well, the very helpful chap i spoke to enquired with Meyle and they have an HD arm for the e39 m5 that they are about to introduce into the UK.

allgermanparts will have mine in in two to three weeks at about £80 each !! including a 4 year warranty.

hope this helps i think the quality is spot on and at that price...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
80 each for the arms which are HD arms with the HD brushing already in.

If they are like the e46 ones they might have replaceable ball joints as well.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
This seems to be v good news, I need some of these (thrust arm bushings) and had been contemplating the same options.

At first glance, it would seem like a winner :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
80 each for the arms which are HD arms with the HD brushing already in.

If they are like the e46 ones they might have replaceable ball joints as well.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
That sounds a great deal!!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Some good stuff on that site and they're not too far away from me either. Really trying to assemble a list of front suspension refurb parts, I think it needs doing, my NSF tyre is feathering on the outer edge, and quickly.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some good stuff on that site and they're not too far away from me either. Really trying to assemble a list of front suspension refurb parts, I think it needs doing, my NSF tyre is feathering on the outer edge, and quickly.
does the price seem too steep to you compared to the differential between lemforder arms for v8 and non v8 models ?

i was quoted 80, i assumed that was without vat when i saw the website price but having seen the differential between non v8 lemforder and non v8 meyle i'm suspecting a hike based on me telling him how well received these might be in the uk...

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I'm so fed up of the cost of various things (don't ask...) at the moment that as long as they are good, will last and are possibly uprated from standard (I know they are, not very well phrased) then I'll take them. The fact they still cost less than OEM elsewhere is a bonus, and I think they'll realise that. If they're only new in, they might not have bothered pricing to carefully yet them and now they've had an order, they'll be checking around. Just economic forces, unfortunately. Us M drivers tend to get persecuted on price. :(

Are Meyle generally a good brand, for other suspension parts?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think so.

they are very well regarded by the e46 community.

i was impressed / swayed by the price, reputation and the fact that as it was a diy job for me the 4 year warranty meant i could remove and replace free of charge in the event of a failure.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Agreed klunk, I'm liking these parts for those same reasons.

·
Registered
5 Posts
does the price seem too steep to you compared to the differential between lemforder arms for v8 and non v8 models ?

i was quoted 80, i assumed that was without vat when i saw the website price but having seen the differential between non v8 lemforder and non v8 meyle i'm suspecting a hike based on me telling him how well received these might be in the uk...
Hi, I hope you dont mind me posting this on here-I was actually hoping to find you on here as I misplaced your contact details. I thought I should just clarify our pricing based on the quote above. When we are pricing our 60,000 yes that's 60,000 parts available to us, we dont stop to think-hmm M5 owner-let's put the price up! If we did that we'd never sell anything. We work on primarily a percentage mark up-which btw is less than many of our competitors. We also look to see if others are offering the same product in the same brand, service and warranty etc and if we need to reduce our price then we do so even if it means not making what we ought to. Just to finish, the price I quoted was excluding VAT and we always say excluding VAT-as do GSF etc but on our website it shows including VAT. We certainly wouldnt put up our price based on how "how well received these might be in the uk" .. Any way to clarify to admin, I've not come on to get a crafty advert in-I thought I'd better clear up any conspiracy theories;)

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Nicely cleared up, I don't think it was a serious conspiracy theory accusation, I think we just tend to feel penalised sometimes ;)

Do you have these i stock currently, I'm considering ordering soon.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Yes, noted that you were local ;)

And will go through site of course, I'm not looking at needing them urgent, but my front tyres are suffering, and it doesn't make sense not to to do these, tyres cost more then the arms.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi, I hope you dont mind me posting this on here-I was actually hoping to find you on here as I misplaced your contact details. I thought I should just clarify our pricing based on the quote above. When we are pricing our 60,000 yes that's 60,000 parts available to us, we dont stop to think-hmm M5 owner-let's put the price up! If we did that we'd never sell anything. We work on primarily a percentage mark up-which btw is less than many of our competitors. We also look to see if others are offering the same product in the same brand, service and warranty etc and if we need to reduce our price then we do so even if it means not making what we ought to. Just to finish, the price I quoted was excluding VAT and we always say excluding VAT-as do GSF etc but on our website it shows including VAT. We certainly wouldnt put up our price based on how "how well received these might be in the uk" .. Any way to clarify to admin, I've not come on to get a crafty advert in-I thought I'd better clear up any conspiracy theories;)
Hi ,

thanks for coming on and explaining it's appreciated.

I realise how that must have read.

I will ring on monday to get these paid for :cheers:

How did you get on with that copy invoice for my e46 arms?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts