BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a couple of posts on this issue, but nothing definitive. When driving slow (10-20mph) over somewhat bumpy roads I hear a metallic sounding rattle coming from the right hand side front. I took the wheel off but found nothing unusual. I've heard others talk about bushings possibly. The car feels fine.

Any thoughts or tips on what to look for?

thanks... josh

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
Knock on the passenger side side-pillar where the height adjustment for the seat belt is. It might be that mechanism that rattles.

David

·
10,456 Posts
i'm thinking that you're referring to the suspension area, not the door pillar, right?
I, and a few other board members have had some things "loosen up", specifically the lower control arms and thrust arms. A once over with a torque wrench seemed to cure the problem.
I'm not sure about anything more specific, i had complained to my dealer (under cpo warranty) and they took care of it. Nothing was replaced howeve, just tightened.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
It could be the fire extinguisher clip hanging loose!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Actually, the problem tends to be road debris. Look for pebble sized debris in the front right wheel brake shielding. You'll have to pull the tire of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts