BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
267 Posts
It was only a question not really aimed anywhere.
I remmeber asking you a few questions when you took me for a run in the diesal and i didnt think it bothered you ?

·
Registered
344 Posts
E30Gumball said:
It was only a question not really aimed anywhere.
I remmeber asking you a few questions when you took me for a run in the diesal and i didnt think it bothered you ?
Didn't bother me then and doesn't bother me now, that is my point. IMO you indiacted that you where not happy with being asked why you wanted to know, it was a genuine question and one that IMO did not require:

It was a simple question, if you dont have an answer then dont reply.
Hence my reply that it is a forum..... and so on and so fourth.

ant.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey guys!

Thanks for the picture - I guess my haircut and Swedish Motorvag Polis jacket with the Gumball patch are kind of conspicuous!

Wow - I didn't know what I did for a living would be of much interest! I bought my 2000 M5 used in 2002 with 6000 miles and have nursed it through 2 Gumballs and one fender bender. I hardly ever drive it except on rallies and to and from AI Design in Westchester, NY, where the Polizei M5 has been gingerly cared for and modified by the best crew I've ever seen.

I'm President of Europe By Car (www.europebycar.com) and my new side business Gumball Car Hire (www.gumballcarhire.com).

I'm also Associate Producer of "32 Hours, 7 Minutes" (Preview Video at www.32hours7minutes.com), a great documentary coming out later this year about the U.S. Express, the last ever no holds barred New York to LA illegal race held in 1983. And yes, the winner made it in 32 hrs, 7 minutes. Crazy stuff that far exceeds the Gumball in driving skill and long distance strategies like police evasion, stealth and refueling.

I'm co-President of Acelerity (www.acelerity.com), a consulting company that provides rally planning expertise to automotive manufacturers.

I'm also Chairman of The Moth, a literary stoytelling non-profit (www.themoth.org). If you're ever in NYC, you've got to check out our events. I'd be glad to incite M5 Board folks who want to join me for a drink and meet some interesting writers and celebrities.

Lastly, Team Polizei (www.teampolizei.com) will compete in various events other than Gumball...

I'll be doing the Bullrun 2005 in the US and Europe, as the 2004 Bullrun USA was awesome, combining the fun of the Gumball with a more intimate group of drivers and fans. Great stuff and highly recommended to all M5 Board members...

Warmest Regards to all and safe driving,

Alex

·
Registered
316 Posts
polizieim5 said:
Hey guys!

Thanks for the picture - I guess my haircut and Swedish Motorvag Polis jacket with the Gumball patch are kind of conspicuous!

Wow - I didn't know what I did for a living would be of much interest! I bought my 2000 M5 used in 2002 with 6000 miles and have nursed it through 2 Gumballs and one fender bender. I hardly ever drive it except on rallies and to and from AI Design in Westchester, NY, where the Polizei M5 has been gingerly cared for and modified by the best crew I've ever seen.

I'm President of Europe By Car (www.europebycar.com) and my new side business Gumball Car Hire (www.gumballcarhire.com).

I'm also Associate Producer of "32 Hours, 7 Minutes" (Preview Video at www.32hours7minutes.com), a great documentary coming out later this year about the U.S. Express, the last ever no holds barred New York to LA illegal race held in 1983. And yes, the winner made it in 32 hrs, 7 minutes. Crazy stuff that far exceeds the Gumball in driving skill and long distance strategies like police evasion, stealth and refueling.

I'm co-President of Acelerity (www.acelerity.com), a consulting company that provides rally planning expertise to automotive manufacturers.

I'm also Chairman of The Moth, a literary stoytelling non-profit (www.themoth.org). If you're ever in NYC, you've got to check out our events. I'd be glad to incite M5 Board folks who want to join me for a drink and meet some interesting writers and celebrities.

Lastly, Team Polizei (www.teampolizei.com) will compete in various events other than Gumball...

I'll be doing the Bullrun 2005 in the US and Europe, as the 2004 Bullrun USA was awesome, combining the fun of the Gumball with a more intimate group of drivers and fans. Great stuff and highly recommended to all M5 Board members...

Warmest Regards to all and safe driving,

Alex
I am proud of you :15:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Too soon to say. You'll know as soon as I know!

Best,
Alex

1 - 20 of 23 Posts