BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting the car into reverse tilts the right mirror towards the ground to assist in backing up and not hitting a curb. A very nice feature that works well but is not perfect. As far as I know, the tilted angle can't be adjusted to each individuals needs. In my case it tilts too far down. And why not have the drivers mirror tilt as well?
Well I found a simple way of tilting both mirrors to suit my needs. I tilted the drivers mirror and the passengers mirror in a perfect position so I can make sure I get as close to a curb without hitting it. Once I have this perfect position, I simply tell the memory #3 seat to learn it. Then when needed, I hit the memory seat button and they both tilt perfect for my viewing.
I always park on an end spot to prevent door dings from other cars and this comes in very handy getting me an inch away from a curb.
I will be interested in knowing if anyone else on the board used this technique.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Putting the car into reverse tilts the right mirror towards the ground to assist in backing up and not hitting a curb. A very nice feature that works well but is not perfect. As far as I know, the tilted angle can't be adjusted to each individuals needs. In my case it tilts too far down. And why not have the drivers mirror tilt as well?
Well I found a simple way of tilting both mirrors to suit my needs. I tilted the drivers mirror and the passengers mirror in a perfect position so I can make sure I get as close to a curb without hitting it. Once I have this perfect position, I simply tell the memory #3 seat to learn it. Then when needed, I hit the memory seat button and they both tilt perfect for my viewing.
I always park on an end spot to prevent door dings from other cars and this comes in very handy getting me an inch away from a curb.
I will be interested in knowing if anyone else on the board used this technique.
Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
279 Posts
another thing that some may not have known...

if you put your mirror adjustment switch from driver's side to passenger side, then the passenger rear view mirror will not auto-tilt to the ground. So if you are backing up and don't want the mirror to move, simply leave the switch positioned to the passenger side.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Great idea, Thx!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
another thing that some may not have known...

if you put your mirror adjustment switch from driver's side to passenger side, then the passenger rear view mirror will not auto-tilt to the ground. So if you are backing up and don't want the mirror to move, simply leave the switch positioned to the passenger side.
Yes this is the feature I would use most of the time, so now I just leave the switch to the right so the mirror does now move down and instead us the seat memory button. You would think that BMW would make it so it could be adjusted.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thats a good idea. I usually like to park away from everyone else, or at a minimum have a curb on one side so I can hug the curb. Nice to see like minds !!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
DAFSTST
Thanks for the post. What a great idea. This will keep me from having to open my door to see how close to a curb I am when parking on the left. This has to be one of the simplest but smartest posts
Thanks Ken

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
thanks for sharing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts