BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
heh it really needs tribute to the plates... great car by the way.
Thanks. The car, as reported by many other B7 owners, is a perfect blend of performance and luxury. I still can not believe what Alpina has done to the suspension - great handling + great ride. Amazing!

As far as the motor goes, it has more capacity than is required. Fantastic!

I chose the plates as homage to the folks at Alpina for developing such a fine automobile.

Power on.........

·
Registered
176 Posts
BTW, guys, yesterday was the first "road trip" in the B7 since purchase back in November. I literally had not been out of Houston in her since purchase - been using the X5 toting all the weekend gear, dog, cats and so forth. I had to travel up to Austin, TX for a meeting and back in the same day. It's only about 190 to 200 miles each way but somewhat of a pain for a two hour meeting.

I have to report a very relaxing, smooth, pleasurable drive. I took it easy on the way up at about 80mph or so; however, on the way back (anxious to get home you know), I kicked her up to about a 90mph average. All that can be said is that this car is flawless on the road. Everything works and drives effortlessly. What a dream!

Without local law enforcement and clear roads, I am absolutely sure that the car could match all of the high speed tests reported in the periodicals forever.

Alpina is my hero.:applause:

Power on.............

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks, Kees. I think that the titanium gray is superb on the car and I do believe it to be fairly rare. Black seems to be the most common body color on this side of the pond with a few whites and Alpina blues thrown in.

I read in a post previously that production had been stopped at about 800 units. Do you have any specific knowledge on the production run total?

Power on................

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, Kees. I think that the titanium gray is superb on the car and I do believe it to be fairly rare. Black seems to be the most common body color on this side of the pond with a few whites and Alpina blues thrown in.

I read in a post previously that production had been stopped at about 800 units. Do you have any specific knowledge on the production run total?

Power on................
Is it titanium grey or sterling grey? Looks like it could be the latter to me.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,804 Posts
Around 800 produced to date however production hasn't stopped yet. Currently working on a full inventory.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Guys -

As stated in my post on the "end of production" blog, I spoke via E-mail with my contact at Alpina in Buchloe this week who stated that the final '08 B7 units are currently in production. When completed and shipped, the total number of B7s sent to North America will be exactly 800 for the '07 and '08 model years combined.

This sounds like a very round number to me, but that is what Alpina's official word is at the moment.

By the way, I agree that the B7 is truly a wonderful car... I love mine and at 6 months old it just keeps getting better. Your car does look great in whatever color silver that actually is! Enjoy your ride!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey Guys -

As stated in my post on the "end of production" blog, I spoke via E-mail with my contact at Alpina in Buchloe this week who stated that the final '08 B7 units are currently in production. When completed and shipped, the total number of B7s sent to North America will be exactly 800 for the '07 and '08 model years combined.

This sounds like a very round number to me, but that is what Alpina's official word is at the moment.

By the way, I agree that the B7 is truly a wonderful car... I love mine and at 6 months old it just keeps getting better. Your car does look great in whatever color silver that actually is! Enjoy your ride!!!
Thanks alot Wundercar and just to put things right officially, the plate under the hood reads "TITANGRAU II METALLIC". I don't think a translation is required. It is not sterling gray.

I have had mine for 3 months now and about 4,700 miles - love her more every day.

Power on.....................

·
Premium Member
8,804 Posts
I can confirm the exact rareness now. Only 21 were painted in Titanium Grey - so only 4% of the total production run.

Yup. 801 units including the original showcar.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i love this car, i remember test driving one a year ago, i kicked downed at 110km and the traction light was going crazy,lol. amazing car, congrats.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I do not about the numbers but today, I just saw a brand spanking new Blue B7 at my local BMW dealership with dealer tags....some lucky Bastard gets to pick this up this week. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
looks great

Pino
The car looks great in titanium grey, love the plates. I have a 08 Alpina Blue B7 and love the car more and more each day. This is my 4th E65/E66 and can’t believe what an exciting difference over the stock car. <O:p></O:p>
I get stopped at least three times a day by people who just ask what is that a new model or something. <O:p></O:p>
The younger tuner crowd in jap pocket rockets slow down to give a knowingly thumbs up and the S63 and Porsche dudes just hang behind not wanting to threaten the beast. Its so civil and refined when driven normally, but press that sport button and what a monster comes out. It’s going to be difficult to get into a normal next generation 7er, I am hooked on Alpina. <O:p></O:p>
I am not sure about around your way, but here in NY city and NJ area I cant say I have run across one other B7, I have seen them at dealers but not in every day drives :cheers:<O:p></O:p>

·
Registered
176 Posts
Pino
The car looks great in titanium grey, love the plates. I have a 08 Alpina Blue B7 and love the car more and more each day. This is my 4th E65/E66 and can’t believe what an exciting difference over the stock car. <O:p></O:p>
I get stopped at least three times a day by people who just ask what is that a new model or something. <O:p></O:p>
The younger tuner crowd in jap pocket rockets slow down to give a knowingly thumbs up and the S63 and Porsche dudes just hang behind not wanting to threaten the beast. Its so civil and refined when driven normally, but press that sport button and what a monster comes out. It’s going to be difficult to get into a normal next generation 7er, I am hooked on Alpina. <O:p></O:p>
I am not sure about around your way, but here in NY city and NJ area I cant say I have run across one other B7, I have seen them at dealers but not in every day drives :cheers:<O:p></O:p>
Thanks, BW#4 B7. I have about 11,000 on the clock now and the car remains flawless. I'm like you in wondering what my next car will be down the road. I don't know how to top this one. I have not seen any other B7s on the road either; however, there are quite a few around Houston.

Power on......................

1 - 20 of 32 Posts