BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Great picture :thumbsup:

Those Germans sure know how to burn rubber!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Gustav said:
Germans are crazy :1:

Do they get a discount on cars and tires? hiha hiha

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
That is one wild pic. :eek::eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
thats too wide for a drift, it is either a horrible drift or, most likely, on a donuts project, check the front wheel angle, the corner and the car positioning, Horrible.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Holy smokes

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
AYMAN said:
thats too wide for a drift, it is either a horrible drift or, most likely, on a donuts project, check the front wheel angle, the corner and the car positioning, Horrible.
Can you do any better? Pics please. :1:

Boardmember OnkelTom has been a very regular participant in the Drift Challenge on the German Hockenheim circuit for a number of years now. :cheers:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry AYMAN but that is not the case. I perfrom at shows throughout the UK and Ireland doing donuts and drifting and i can assure that said pic is more than likely a drift and one that is 'FULL OF THE RACK' at that:wroom:

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
...perhaps one notch too tight on that rear sway bar :haha:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not trying to give lessons here, or to doubt any of the members skills, however, that drift doesnt look right to me for the reasons stated before. Regarding skills and pics, i will pretty soon.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi all,
I don't like this picture which where placed in the german sport auto magazine. This happend at the DriftCompetition on the GP Track (Dunlop Kehre) at Nürburgring. I was too fast to drift over the racetrack ground and then the car goes out of the track. The photographer had his cam in the right position an took this picture, but I thought they will never place that on their magazine....

Some guys called me after seeing that picture in the magazine and ask me if the car is still repairable. But I had luck an nothing happend with the car ;)
I only get some spots in the paint and also the rim was nearly complete paintless, but this rim set was my old winter rim set which has a lot of spots and scratches.

There are also some videos about the DriftCompetition on the net.
here are some examples:
Preview of DriftCompetition Nürburgring
Preview of Quax at DriftCompetition at Nürburgring

I will look for more videos and pictures the next days ;)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
It was the added weight of the tow hitch that threw the car off balance! :confused3

Seriously, that is an amazing photo. Almost as amazing as the fact that the car didn't roll! That's a keeper for the files!

Glad you (and the car) are alright, Onkel Tom!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts