BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Beast

Hi Everyone,

I purchased my 2007 Beast as an early Christmas present for myself on December 14, 2010! This is easily the best purchase I can remember making! I have not had this much fun since I first started driving!!

I also want to thank everyone on the board for the great information that has been shared on this forum. Our Beasts are complicated vehicles and your collective willingness to share has markedly reduced my learning curve.

Cheers,
Milton

Attachments

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Glad to be part of the group!!

Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
43 Posts
It is nice to see how well new owners are treated here at M5Board.com, with the front page debuts and greetings from the Admin himself . It is a really nice step-up from BFC (still love them though). Great work Gustav!

As for the original post: You car looks stunning! Glad you are enjoying it!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ManualMobile! This board is really welcoming and informative!! :applause:

·
Registered
933 Posts
congrats. love the interior color.
now just get yourself a set of these ASAP

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SlammedM6, good eye! Already done, they were on back-order for nearly a month. Those have been relegated to the garage. Removing the charcoal filters this weekend.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nice Beast MKSixer.

I also got myself a Silverstone Silver last weekend and still getting used to the SMG.

Maybe this is dumb question, but why do guys remove the charcoal filters?

TIA,
Makoi

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks and welcome! You will soon adjust to the SMG and won't want to drive any other way! Removal of the charcoal filter will increase airflow velocity to the intake system at low speeds. There are quite a few threads about it on the board as you explore the site. Cheers-Milton

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great...first my wife and daughter, now you guys! They look great! Where do I order?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Ken. I followed the link but the item has been removed from the url. I will perform a direct search and order. Looks like the projects are rolling in.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
George,

I have seen that in the short time that I have owned the car. I would imagine that for most of us, time is a more limiting factor than money!! Besides, the local financial gendarme (my wife) has been monitoring my recreational spending since I purchased the M6. I made the mistake of showing her some of the exhaust system choices and she decided to "help" by doing additional research. Upon seeing the prices, she was a bit surprised but not in the good way! I guess I will be asking for forgiveness quite a bit over the next year!! :1:

Milton

·
Registered
196 Posts
One word of advice--that old axiom about "it is easier to get forgiveness than permission" is patently false when it comes to wives and car expenditures/purchases. At least it is for my wife.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One word of advice--that old axiom about "it is easier to get forgiveness than permission" is patently false when it comes to wives and car expenditures/purchases. At least it is for my wife.
Agreed! I will tread lightly with the major upgrades!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
welcome, i am new here as well, i am from lake charles,LA .:thumbsup:
Thanks Steven! I was just through LC just before Christmas. How long have you had your beast?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts