BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

My first post and would like to say what a great and informative site this is, I really appreciate all that I have learnt here about this great car !

I am based in Japan and just picked up my beast a few days ago after upgrading from a E39 540i M-Sport. Luckily for me the previous owner had spent a small fortune on the mods which wasn`t reflected in the selling price. Some of mods include Custom painted 20inch Neez wheels, Vorsteiner Hood, diffuser & spoilers, Arqray titanium exhaust, K&N filters with some ECU and engine tuning. Its supposed to knock out 580 HP and I will be getting that tested soon.

Also after experiencing the amazing ride this car offers I am looking forward trying it out on a track, if any other members have any experience of track days in Japan then I would appreciate any information they can offer.

Really excited to have finally joined the M5 club !

Attachments

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Great looking M5. The last owner did some tasteful modding. What a good find.

If it has had tuning done the limiter will typically be removed - in which case you should be able to get some serious speed down the Fuji Speedway straight.

That said, to prepare it for track duty you should definitely have the breaks bled with good, fresh fluid (and consider stainless steel lines). If you are serious about tracking it often, you can also pick up a Dinan Stage 2 suspension and their camber plates, or else you will eat the outer edge of your front tires.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Damn those exhaust pipes look awesome.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Love the looks. I don't think that's a custom finish on the Neez cause I have the same ones and they look like the Hyper Black finish direct from Neez.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts