BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Nice pics but I could do without the wheels. Not my taste :)

Looks like you are going to rip out your ignition slot with that much weight hanging off it hahahaha

Reactions: h3md

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
A visually exciting car!! While I wouldn't have chosen those wheels, I can guarantee that the driver won't ever have to look for their car in a parking lot!! Thanks for posting!! :cheers:

Reactions: h3md and Gustav

·
Registered
133 Posts
totally agree about ignition slot so I better get some CF keys?
car only came with one key so I put it on the biggest key chain I can find so I don't lose it. I can't order an extra key until I register the car which hopefully happens this thursday. I wasted 90 minutes in line on saturday only to find out that in Maryland , you can only register cars on weekdays.Wife did warn me to call first but as usual, I didn't and just got to know my music better in line.

·
Registered
133 Posts
as for color of wheels: thank you for your comments.
variety makes the world go round; I'm planning to have several sets of shoes
at my house it's 2 to 2 stalemate so far.....
It was 3 vs me as my youngest stylish 16 year old daughter initially told me not to pick her up at school in the car. I said ok. a few days later, she told me now she loves the wheels......... as I do. I love the 5 inch lip on it.
My oldest daughter and wife will never like anything about the car, but I reassured them that they don't have to ride or drive it.

My son gets home from college this weekend and hopefully, he will break the tie in our favor. but if not, it's okay ... he will have to drive it whether he likes it or not!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
It was 3 vs me as my youngest stylish 16 year old daughter initially told me not to pick her up at school in the car. I said ok. a few days later, she told me now she loves the wheels......... as I do. I love the 5 inch lip on it.
My oldest daughter and wife will never like anything about the car, but I reassured them that they don't have to ride or drive it.

My son gets home from college this weekend and hopefully, he will break the tie in our favor. but if not, it's okay ... he will have to drive it whether he likes it or not!

Totally agree on variety.

There is a good chance your son will like it with the red shoes. I know my 14 year old son would (he always is in favor of black and red on most everything).

You son is lucky that you will let him drive it. I don't know his age or maturity or driving skills, so take this is as a general, and not personal, comment: Youthful drivers and 500 HP cars are often a bad mix.

I know this link is to an old thread/story, but it was chilling and sobering and sad:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e6...n/111545-airstrip-crash-florida-5-killed.html

Regardless of which wheels on are it, being a teenageer and arriving in an M6 is good for your "cred" in your peer group. My kids certainly don't complain about being seen in my M6.

Enjoy your new toy! Cheers.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mark, thank you so much for your thoughtful comment. I totally agree. My boy is 20, and is very mature and respectful. He really hesitated driving my NSX and took a lot of care when he did. I would never let him take his buddies out in them. we enjoy driving together, meeting the girls at the destination.

btw, I picked up my 16 year old at play practice tonight for the first time; her friends love the car and the Imola red wheels! she told me it was a really nice car when we got home. told you she had good taste!

:M5thumbs::M5thumbs:

·
Premium Member
8,369 Posts
Sharp looking beast! And definitely unique.

Although I am not a fan of the red trim on the wheels either - I respect your preference.

Always remember - in life, as long as we are happy with our own property - that is all that matters.
We dont live trying to please other people. Only ourselves. Whatever puts a smile on your face!

Thanks for sharing photos!

I second what Mark said about young drivers with a 500hp car - in case you didnt read the details - those young kids were members here.
They would post here asking us how to make their cars go faster and faster.
We caution them about the power of the beast and their lack of experience driving. They really didnt listen.

We heard one day on the news about a 500hp M5 that crashed, passengers were ejected, no one survived, etc. and wondered if they are members of the board.
Sure enough - it was them. Really sad............ a tough way to learn.
Unrecoverable mistake.

We were all young and stupid at one time but back then - but we didnt have 500hp cars around so we survived our stupidity.

Our children are our most precious possession. Lets ensure we take very good care of them.

Cheers to your awesome beast!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts

I like the idea of multiple shoes, toying with it, as well! The rest of the family may come around later. My 13 y/o daughter called it, "a clown car with the illusion of back seats", initially. Now she wants me to drop her off at school every day! She even insist that I keep it in lower gears in order to hear the exhaust note. Good luck and again, Welcome!

Reactions: h3md and whatheheck
1 - 20 of 54 Posts