BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lawrence.
Sorry to dissapoint you but my number stamped on the firewall under the bonnett is not like yours # 29392004. I don't know what this number means. My chassis #5593055, car # 18. Here are some photos taken yesterday with a friends Z8 Alpina on a BMW Car Club NZ run.

Gerry.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Sveinbjorn, we had 4 E31,s on the run, 1 black 850i, and 3, 840i sports, the yellow car is a 4.4 and is extremely well cared for car, very low km,s and belongs to the National parts manager of BMW New Zealand.

Gerry

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice photos Gerry! I hope my car looks like that one day. I don't really care about the number, really what matters is the Alpina build number, yours is #18 and mine #14. I'm just curious what the stampings mean. My number was 29432001. I thought yours was 29432004 leading me to believe they were a series, but perhaps I read the numbers wrong....

Tomorrow I'm looking at a 1958 Aston Martin DB MkIII basket case. If I buy it I will probably let the Alpina go...It would take all of my time and resources and then some.. We'll see what happens!

Cheers, Lawrence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts