BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I believe those are Breyton GTSR-M wheels. I was going to put those on mine and changed my mind at the last minute because I couldn't see a picture of a black M5 with them. Now that I have seen them, I may decide to get a set! Looks nice.

·
Banned
444 Posts
Thanks guys!

Yes, those are the GTSR-M. I have since swapped out the stock lug bolts that come with the rims to black ones. I have also "hit" a few decent size pot holes by mistake and the rims are holding up nicely.

Mods on the car are:

Eurocharged Custom Dyno Tune
Agency Power Long Tubes
Eisenmann Race Exhaust
Custom Mid Section
Eurocharged Underdrive Pulley Kit
Rpi Air Scoops
Rpi Intake mod
No cats

70-120mph P400 pull

Exhaust Sound

Fly By:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Thank you for posting this! I've been wanting to order those wheels for weeks now but feared the decision because I hadn't yet seen them on a black M5. Now that I have, my assumptions of the look have been confirmed. It looks absolutely gorgeous! More debt here I come! :applause:

·
Registered
407 Posts
This looks like the gloss black finish? I am looking for a set of these to see how they would look on a space grey, and in the matte finish. Maybe the gloss will match the trim and it will be nice. I don;t want to strip too much class with a lot of gloss. :dunno:

·
Registered
591 Posts
I don't believe these are available in gloss black (not the GTSR-M's anyway). What I think it is is some sort of shine spray or car detailing product making the wheels look glossy. If you go to tirerack you will see the only available color is a matte black. However if he got these from the manufaturer they could very well be gloss black. I personally think I would prefer the gloss but matte will do. The matte will add a raw feel to the car. Here are a few more pics of the wheels but on an e92 M3:

Breyton GTS-R's are on WOW they are light - BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

I think those were painted gun metal and pin striped red tho due to the missing white strip and the red stripe in it's place.

And more on an M6:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e6...at-black-grey-6er-breyton-gtsr-m-20-rims.html

And another e92:

My E92 SS II M3 On 20 inch Black Breyton GTSR-M's & w/ACS Carbon Fiber Front Splitter - BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

If you go to the bottom of page 2 on the third link there are some fantastic close up shots if you want to see the details of the wheel on the car.

I absolutely LOVE the moving pic of the last e92 link lovelove. I'm so tempted to buy these NOW with the eibach springs from tire rack. Although I do not wish to void my CPO warranty nor my factory maintenance warranty. But I don't think I can wait 3 years!!! :1zhelp:

·
Registered
353 Posts
That rear 3/4 view is hot. The all-gloss-black look is really working.

Dave

·
Registered
407 Posts
I don't believe these are available in gloss black (not the GTSR-M's anyway). What I think it is is some sort of shine spray or car detailing product making the wheels look glossy. If you go to tirerack you will see the only available color is a matte black. However if he got these from the manufaturer they could very well be gloss black. I personally think I would prefer the gloss but matte will do. The matte will add a raw feel to the car.
So when tire rack lists the finish as "Black Painted" is it close to a semi-gloss?

I don't want it looking like this, it is just a little too close to a mirror-reflection:

TOO Glossy

--Thanks

·
Registered
591 Posts
Mike, I'm not going to say for sure, but I highly doubt they are glossy in any respect. I think they are more of a Matte Black finish. If you login to TireRack.com and look at the superview (full screen), you will see there is no mirror reflection coming off the black of the wheel at all. I think they look a bit reflective in this pic due to the tire/wheel shine the owner applied to them. If you look at all of the other pics (the ones I posted links to) you will see they are a flat/matte finish.

If anyone buys em please post up more pics!

Also, is this car on stock springs? It looks like it probably is. Would it be at all possible to get a lower to the ground shot to see the fender gap more clearly?

I think I am leaning toward not replacing the stock springs for fear of voiding the warranty and scraping the precious fenders on my recently aquired 08 M5.

Thanks.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks to both of you guys, hmm, that website seems to open up another door for buying breytons. thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts