BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
E28.................

The best BMW ever made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reminds me of mine, had B9 and B10 over the years.

Wait till mynew house and then will have the room to find a mint B10 and M5, both E28's of course!!!

·
Registered
669 Posts
This E28 looks great in White. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
252 Posts
Great car. I'm still wondering why some people put on the wide stripes on a E28. In my opinion it fits more to the E12. But in this case i have to admit that it also looks very nice indeed. Just to complete, the front spoiler should also have the stripes on. ;)

Thanks for sharing and happy motoring.

Kind regards,

Ralf

·
Registered
77 Posts
Stripes...

Great car. I'm still wondering why some people put on the wide stripes on a E28. In my opinion it fits more to the E12. But in this case i have to admit that it also looks very nice indeed. Just to complete, the front spoiler should also have the stripes on. ;)

Thanks for sharing and happy motoring.

Kind regards,

Ralf
Yes, the stripes on the front spoiler are missing. I supposed that this part may have been replaced or repaired, as it does break quite often due to its low level. Apparently, the car is "as created" and has not been repainted so these stripes were original. In this case and I am not sure if this is from the factory, it seems to have gold stripes and grey painted inside. I say "it seems" because I have not yet seen the car myself!
But I much, much prefer the large stripes, even on the E28. Just a question of taste. In fact, I find for example the older E21, white body with large stripes blue and green absolutely stunning...but not discreet!

Ralf, your B7 looks stunning! I had wanted a E28 alpina for 25 years but I prefer to start "easy" with the B9 but the B7 is the ultimate. Let me know if you decide to sell!

·
Registered
252 Posts
You are right, the B9 might be the easier way to start a E28-career :)

These stripes are made of 2 sets. The first one ist the original wide in silver. Then you have to put on the original fine gold one around the silver-set. That makes the rare combination.

Thank's for the compliment concerning my car. I am still in process of restoration and I hope that it will be finally done in 2009. I think you understand me if I say that I hope not to sell my car one day. :blink:

(therefore I have too much fun with this car and I love him) lovelove

best regards,

Ralf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts