Registered
342 Posts
Congrats alsaher.
I hope you do not have young kids with that interior

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
MEnthusiast said:
congrats on the new ride- please let us know your impressions once you put ona few miles. :thumbsup:
Sure i will.. will try to compare it with my E55 and will give my feedback :M5thumbs:.

Does anyone know whats the difference between the individual glass window and the regular glass window?

·
Registered
943 Posts
One more happy guy! :1:

Congrats :happybirt

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Congrats Alsahher, I really like your colour combination.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Very nice colors - let us know how that leather is to maintain. I have beige in my 545 now, and I have to clean it every few weeks! I like the light interior with the silver though. Now you need to tint the windows!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Congrats :byebye:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
The first long drive yesterday and the car is simply amazing..

SMG is very smooth in changing gears
The ride is very very nice
The look of the car is much nicer and its really different than on pictures

But the car engine has no sound below 2500 rpm and when turning the ignition on..

cant wait for the break in period

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
I agree with Tom. Anyone who wants to rattle windows on ignition will invest in the inevitable aftermarket exhausts. For most of us, daily use will be much more pleasant without the coffee can effect.

Early media reports suggested that the idle sound was akin to a diesel. That I would rather not have. Could the members who recently took delivery comment on whether there is any truth in those reports?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
MRichmond said:
Early media reports suggested that the idle sound was akin to a diesel. That I would rather not have. Could the members who recently took delivery comment on whether there is any truth in those reports?
yeah thats true. In idle it has some quite similar sound a slight knocking noise, but after few miles it has gone.

Dubaim5, i only saw one the same as my color combination its has two digit number

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
WOW very nice! AWESOME!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wolverine said:
Absolutely - anbody can make the car noisy all the time. The trick is to have a quiet car that sounds great when you step on the gas.
That's something I experienced in the E90 325i as well... some people critized the E90 of being too quiet, but that really only accounts to constant rev situations or idle situations... once you accelerate there is still all the BMW glorious sound :biggrin:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Could you please post a video/data (once the E60 is run in) of the comparison to the E 55 in a straight line. There has been no real comparison yet, allthough I think there will be soon...

KIP

1 - 20 of 24 Posts