BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CRC National Sprint 7th Jan 2011.
Desperately trying to keep up with two very very fast cars on track!

Enjoy the video guys!

·
Registered
931 Posts
good video - I was shouting "come on Ahmed" every 10 seconds
+1:byebye:

The GT3RS driver was in the corners like, WTF is there really a BMW 5 Series trying to overtake me:eek7: and it's comming closer and closer:wroom: Excellent driving buddy:goldcup:

Thanks for this awesome video:rolleyes:

Reactions: Ahmed

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Ahmed, that was awesome, love how the M can keep up with the vette and 911 in corners. Towards the last corner, you were actually catching them.

What is that chime? Also, did you have an instructor in the car with you?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Love the low fuel warning!:grinyes:
Good driving.............. Did you get your brake pad issue sorted out, or is this the day that you were having problems?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Mission Impossible

Ahmed, Great driving! The beast continues to amaze me of what it's capable of! A 4,000 lb rocket.:applause:

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks guys, really enjoyed myself on the day!

What is that chime? Also, did you have an instructor in the car with you?
Gulf Spec cars! Stupid chime comes on at 120km/h (70 mph)

And that was a dear friend with me who seems to know alot with hardly in track time! LOL.. his instructions worked though, I shved my lap time from 1:26.88 to 1:25.25

Good driving.............. Did you get your brake pad issue sorted out, or is this the day that you were having problems?
I got Pagid RS29's coming on the way!

Surprisingly, a few hard braking corners, and the juddering significantly reduced. I had a much better track experience this time, lap after lap the brakes held better! I think it was because I drove it harder this time, instead of babying or dragging the brakes like last time!

I think they needed re-bedding!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Nice driving Ahmed :)

Found couple of mistakes that I do.. Gonna work on them next time.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Great driving to keep up with the other two :thumbsup:

·
Registered
596 Posts
That looks VERY fun!!! Great video. I would LOVE to do this. What would I search for to find one of these types of tracks in Florida?

·
Registered
788 Posts
nice vid Ahmed thanks for sharing. a picturesque track day. my m5 has me flinching everytime the chime goes off - glad to hear it was only low fuel warning.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Good work Ahmed, and the car sounds like a monster :D

What times did the Z06 and GT3 run? It´s interesting to see what a good driver can do, despite having a huge handicap against those two trackday cars, M5 is like 1200-1300 lbs heavier.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Awesome video Ahmed!!! This video made me realized just how well this car plays Jekyll and Hyde, nice family car one minute untamed beast the next!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Great job..nice to watch you close the gap a few times.. .you looked very smooth.
What a great lookin track too!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts