BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple of pics from Melbourne today. The Sepang Bronze looks very nice. Had black leather with aluminium. Didn't get inside it, so others may have better pics.

There was an M3 in Interlagos - didn't do it for me, I'm afraid.

The car looks better than I expect. The styling comes together nicely - I didn't think I'd say that about a Bangle product...

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was at Melbourne today and saw the M5 and M3 [with competition pack].

- The M5 had "M" MF sports seats with two seams !

- The M5 looks better in reality than the pics [I feel comfortable no trading in the CSL now !]

- The car looks good, black leather, aluminium trim but could not see inside it and check it out more closely.

- The M3 in interlagos blue looked great with CSL wheels, alcantara reat and front seats.

great motorshow - also saw the new RS4.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Thanks for the pics.

The photos of Sepang Bronze get better everytime I see them - how good is it in real life?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sepang bronze a bit conversative but shows up the M5 shape well. Tho' the M3 next to it in interlagos blue is a much sportier color.

This is the first time I've seen a M5 RHD and the car is much better than the pics show. Very muscular and can stand up to the M3 in looks.

Here are more pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Yes first time i have seen a RHD M5 too, thank you for the pics,

all the best
adam

·
Registered
301 Posts
Here's a better pic of the interior. Sorry it's not too clear. I have heaps of others of the exterior, and interior thru the window. unfortunately, none of the engine... The M5 brochure I got has a RHD pic of the dash in it, but i don't have a scanner. i can take a pic tho if anyone wants to see it.

The technology of the car (The engine, 'box, suspension, brakes ect.) all make me crazy over the car, but the design both interior and exterior, doesn't have the same have-to-have-it factor of the E39. RRP of $226,000 AUD is around 13% more than E39 M5 was... :(

Loved the new RS4 also. plenty of pics of that. Nice 420hp 4.2L V8 with new quattro system (Haldex 3??), and a gorgeous interior. Also the new Golf GTI is pretty cool (As a MkIV GTI owner, i'm a bit interested in that.) 6-speed manual, 147kW 2.0 FSI engine, great price also, only $39,000.

Sat in the CL65 AMG (have pics). Couldn't believe Merc had their near half million dollar flagship there open for people to climb into and crawl all over, but BMW all their cars, even their $40,000 1 series, locked up like fort knox.... Brownie points for Merc, big downer for BMW.

Murceilago (sp?) Roadster was pretty awesome in the flesh, as was the Holden Torana concept...

Just my thoughts on the show...

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts