BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just had this system installed on my M. I love the way it sounds, no resonance in the car, sounds really nice under load. I got sections 1, 2 and 3. The exhaust itself looked nice as did sections 1&2. The problem started when we bolted everything up. Nothing lined up correctly. The clamps they provided were a joke. The guys that did my install are the same guys that built my 900hp Supra and work on most all of my other cars, they know what their doing. They pull the exhaust on and off 6 times to get it to fit, with alot of cutting here and there on the x-pipe. I unhooked the battery so they could tack the whole system and after that was done, they welded every connection. I took alot of work to get it to look right. When we first bolted the whole system on, the rear tips stuck out about 3" and was about 2.5" lower than the bumper. I think the whole problem was in the mid-pipe section, the mufflers seemed fine if they were installed by themselves. All in all, I am happy with the sound and performance..

SW

Here are a couple of short videos, I didn't rev it too much because the motor was cold.

Cold start..

http://www.fototime.com/A6E9CE6BB85E13B/conv.wmv
http://www.fototime.com/3CFECDEB1D4C799/conv.wmv

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sounds great (from what I could tell from those two short clips)....post more vids pleeze!

Is this the Meisterschaft Touring or the GT? I also believe they have a new version called the Ti.

Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Interesting... I installed my Sect 1 and 2 pipes and clamped the stock muffler on until my mufflers come... also noticed the pipes were too low and out a little too much.

Didn't bother playing with it since I should have the muffler soon...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm not sure if you've followed the recent controversy involving Eisenhaus and their Meisterschaft exhausts, but apparently they're Korean made and have pretty consistent fitment issues as they're really a copy of a copy. If your dealer suggested that your exhaust was made in Germany, I'd have a word with them.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Looks sweet.

+1 on what Cylinder Head said. If you love the exhaust though it shouldn't matter because in the end they still sound badass and from what I've seen they're built well.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure if you've followed the recent controversy involving Eisenhaus and their Meisterschaft exhausts, but apparently they're Korean made and have pretty consistent fitment issues as they're really a copy of a copy. If your dealer suggested that your exhaust was made in Germany, I'd have a word with them.
Yes, I saw that. Like I said, I think the problem is in the sections 1&2.

thanks,

SW

·
2,217 Posts
You'd be surprised the wonders that a little global warming can do. M5's been down a grand total of 4 days this "winter".
Yup.. it's getting warm now too.

Now that theres no more snow --> salt on the road it's time to get some wheels for the M.

·
Company Representative for Gthaus
213 Posts
from the begining, no one else in the market offered full sectional pipes but meisterschaft.. so, how is it a copy of a copy? of what?

·
Company Representative for Gthaus
213 Posts
Looks great, we are glad the system worked out for you.
Wonder what has caused the problem on the section 2.
we will do some investigation on this - and fix it if necessary.

Thank you for the photos and if you have any concerns or questions
regards to the product, please feel free to give us a call at anytime.
Thank you for your purchase.

EisenHaus

I just had this system installed on my M. I love the way it sounds, no resonance in the car, sounds really nice under load. I got sections 1, 2 and 3. The exhaust itself looked nice as did sections 1&2. The problem started when we bolted everything up. Nothing lined up correctly. The clamps they provided were a joke. The guys that did my install are the same guys that built my 900hp Supra and work on most all of my other cars, they know what their doing. They pull the exhaust on and off 6 times to get it to fit, with alot of cutting here and there on the x-pipe. I unhooked the battery so they could tack the whole system and after that was done, they welded every connection. I took alot of work to get it to look right. When we first bolted the whole system on, the rear tips stuck out about 3" and was about 2.5" lower than the bumper. I think the whole problem was in the mid-pipe section, the mufflers seemed fine if they were installed by themselves. All in all, I am happy with the sound and performance..

SW

Here are a couple of short videos, I didn't rev it too much because the motor was cold.

Cold start..

http://www.fototime.com/A6E9CE6BB85E13B/conv.wmv
http://www.fototime.com/3CFECDEB1D4C799/conv.wmv

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I just had this system installed on my M. I love the way it sounds...The problem started when we bolted everything up. Nothing lined up correctly. The clamps they provided were a joke. ... They pull the exhaust on and off 6 times to get it to fit, with alot of cutting here and there on the x-pipe.... I took alot of work to get it to look right...
Looks good, sounds nice, glad in the end, after all the hassle, you're satisfied...

I expect that you had different expectations going in. One would, considering the prices of over $2000 for the cans and another $1500 for pipes etc. These are the prices one would expect to pay for german engineered products, where the labor costs are high, as well as the strong euro pushing the prices even higher.

However these are not german engineered, or built. They are made in Korea despite the marketing, names etc. So although the sellers are reaping a huge profit margin and laughing all the way to the bank, no one should be surprised at the problems of fit, and the unkown issues to come over time.

As long as everyone knows the facts up front, well, no problemo, it's their money...

-regardless, congrats on the new cans, they do look good. :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts