BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the NYC are with the Meistershaft Exhaust? with section 1 and 2 would be cool also. I'd like to hear it in person and go for a ride too see how loud it really is. I Love the way it sounds in the videos. But I do not want something that when driving 70-80mph with the wife and kids in the car that I can't have a normal conversation.

I'm thinking of just getting the whole setup and hope for the best. Please if anyone can help me out ASAP I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have sections I, II & III, and I don't think it's that bad! Keep in mind,, there will be some noise in the cabin, but I personally don't get bothered by it, and I don't think it is annoying although some people will disagree! In fact I love it so much, I drive around with my windows down so I can hear it all the time!:haha: It sounds SICK! Now that I think about it, I can't go any more quiet than this! That's just me though!
The only thing that makes me uncomfortable, is the cold start! It is LOUD! I'm afraid my neighbors might complain!
Good luck!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did alot of searching on this system and I don't know how acceptable it would be. The videos I saw are awesome but I'm worried about interior sound. I don't want to go on a trip and my fam gets a headache and then I'll get one from all the complaining.

If anyone else with a different brand is located in the area and wouldn't mind showing it off please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can some kind fellow M5 owner with the Meisterschaft GT exhaust with section 1 and 2 video or record sound while cruising on the highway at 65-70mph with windows up, AC one etc. Like as if you were on a family trip gently driving along.

I'd appreciate it big time. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Can some kind fellow M5 owner with the Meisterschaft GT exhaust with section 1 and 2 video or record sound while cruising on the highway at 65-70mph with windows up, AC one etc. Like as if you were on a family trip gently driving along.

I'd appreciate it big time. Thanks.
I will try to have a video for you sometime tomorrow. However, if you search you tube, you will find some great videos there. although I don't think the tone and sound level can be truly judged based on a video!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Meisterschaft GT Sections I, II & III Video

I was going to post the last one only, but I figured between the 4 videos, you might get a better idea! Hopefully they are useful. I would say the exhaust is probably sightly slightly louder than the video, but not by much! As I am sure you know it is hard to explain. I just tell you one last thing, my wife was against an exhaust completely saying why do you have to be making a lot of noise when you are driving around, and I was concerned about the sound level and not sure how loud I want to go! After she heard it the first time, surprisingly her reaction was "Oh My God! That Sounds Awesome!", and after I took her for a ride, she loved it even more!:grinyes:
Keep us posted on what kind of exhaust would be your final pick.
Good luck.​

-Matt​

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I'm not sure if you could see the videos or not. There was some security restrictions on there that I just removed. Now they should be visible to all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts