21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
hiha hiha hiha hiha hiha hiha

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,320 Posts
We also had the opportunity to speak with one of the higher up's from BMWNA as I'm sure the rest of you guys have at the M5 Driving Experience. The fellow with the white/grey beard. I can't even remember his name. But, on a brighter note, Bart, he did confirm that BMWNA was planning to open a second BMW Performance Center out in Las Vegas!!! So maybe that M driving school crack did have some merit. hiha And no I'm not teasing you on this one.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hey, I was there too!!!! I suggest next time we form an "M-5 Ghetto" with all the M-5 owners, whereby we can command the attention of not only the rest of the club, but certainly Salkowsky. Then after asking tons of questions, we ask for free upgrades!

It was a great show. Got some good discounts on parts. My dealer said he couldn't touch those prices at his place or he'd be losing money!

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
Hey Stem,
what parts did you end up picking out for your car? :) By the way, 25% off isn't much.. the dealers make over 40% profit from the cost... The dealer where I usually gets parts from routinely gives me 25% off, and he still makes a good profit.... if you keep on visiting a dealer, you can definitely get a good price.... :)
Terence

·
Registered
755 Posts
i'm currently in Baltimore...

and I heard tfung's car. actually, no, but i figured i'd chime in to joke about how loud it was.
:hihi:

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Thats really good news about how the current engine is wrung out... V10 here we come hehehe:eek:

all the best
Adam

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Adam said:
Thats really good news about how the current engine is wrung out... V10 here we come hehehe:eek:
I think the statement can really be interpreted as "we won't be investing additional dollars to further tune the existing M5 engine". Clearly, performance capabilities have not been wrung out. All one has to do is consider what ACS, Dinan, or Nowack has already proven possible. The current NA motor is very capable of plenty more HP, but apparently BMW does not want to go down that road w/ the V-8. Maybe it's a matter of reliablity, or maybe they want to design a motor that spanks the competition and still has room for improvement.

-D

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Doug i agree, it boils down to reliability and what the opposition is doing..i dont think bmw wants the next gen m5 to be second best to the new e55...

all the best
Adam

21 - 32 of 32 Posts