BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anybody was interested in a get together in Santa Barbara this weekend?
Was thinking of meeting at the waterfront, driving up San Marcos Pass on hwy 154 for lunch at the Cold Spring Tavern (really cool old stagecoach stop, its like being back in the 1800s) and continuing the loop north to 101 and then back to Santa Barbara.

I'll be in Santa Barbara this weekend with my new M5 before starting my trek north to Tacoma and ultimately home to Alaska. This will be about my only chance to meet up with other M5s for a while, as it is a bit of a drive to come down for one of the M fests. :haha2:

If people are interested, I'll set up a time and place to meet, preferably on Saturday.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Another fun to drive road

Glad you are enjoying in Calif. with new car. It depends on your schedule and time, think about 33 from Ventura through Los Padres Forest to 166, then to Maricopa, at this point you make sure not to do California stop. police is watching and we saw few drivers got tickets while we were having lunch over here. Take 33 north from here, then 58 to all the way to 101. This is one of the most memorable fun to drive road in California so far, nice winding road, over 100 mph capable straight , even few jumping spot if you want to. May be DSC on for safety. We took this road two weeks ago on the way home from Joshua Tree National Park. Few traffic, cars and bikes , no big tracks, none. I want to try from west to east on this road next time. Fun and safe driving!!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Wondering if anybody was interested in a get together in Santa Barbara this weekend?
Was thinking of meeting at the waterfront, driving up San Marcos Pass on hwy 154 for lunch at the Cold Spring Tavern (really cool old stagecoach stop, its like being back in the 1800s) and continuing the loop north to 101 and then back to Santa Barbara.

I'll be in Santa Barbara this weekend with my new M5 before starting my trek north to Tacoma and ultimately home to Alaska. This will be about my only chance to meet up with other M5s for a while, as it is a bit of a drive to come down for one of the M fests. :haha2:

If people are interested, I'll set up a time and place to meet, preferably on Saturday.
Hey dude,
I live here in "sunny" Santa Barbara. Could maybe get out with ya early Sat Afternoon if you want. It IS supposed to rain here this weekend, so may add a bit of a damper. Let's see what kind of response we get.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lets meet up somewhere Sat afternoon, go for a short cruise. I think the Amgen bike race is going to be in town tomorrow, so probably best to avoid downtown area.
Being a local, could you pick a good meeting place?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Lets meet up somewhere Sat afternoon, go for a short cruise. I think the Amgen bike race is going to be in town tomorrow, so probably best to avoid downtown area.
Being a local, could you pick a good meeting place?

Let me think about it for a bit. I forgot about the bike race!...they often come down 154. Is that tomorrow or Sat?

Were you still thinking of doing the 154 drive...I just need to get an idea where we are going to leave from to help decide a good, quick meeting place!

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
33 is closed, and if its open right now it will be closed in the next 24hrs, the snow level is supposed to drop to 3000ft.

I would guess this could be the case for parts of 166.

NOW at San Luis Obispo, 58 east should be open and could be a lot of fun if its not raining.

Sorry i will miss out.

g

1 - 7 of 7 Posts