BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Isn't it about time we got together for a bit of a guff chat and some drinks?

I hope I'm allowed to come too, no M5!

Obviously because I live in the south, I suggest that the meet be down here, but I am going to be in the North during weeknights soon as I'll be working near Bradford.

How about a nice sunny evening, or a nice sunny Sunday? No rain, please.

We had some fun get-togethers in Sarratt and Hertford Heath, and also Wadesmill.

Who's interested?

================== Edited =================

This meet will be at 11am on Sunday Sept 4th at the same location as the last HH meet:

Goat Inn

25 Vicarage Causeway
Hertford Heath
Hertfordshire
SG13 7RT

So far....

Andy
Farrell (Darren)
Hertfordshire1 (Steve)
Illjah (Alan)
FinalEd... (Terry)
SimonAl (Simon)
Jon Baker
Andy G (e28 B9)

For those who don't know me, here I am.

Cheers, see you there!! :byebye:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Re: Meet

Andy,

Sounds like a good idea to me, although now that you own a diesel, I'd expect that to be left at home and you catch a bus to the agreed venue.

And you discussing fuel economy MUST be banned from any conversation!!

Steve

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

I'm happy with the 4th Sept. I'll maintain a list of who will be there at the top of this thread. Once I know numbers, I'll try to book a table for some food.

Afraid I'll probably be there in the 330d. Promise not to talk about fuel consumption, although I might go on a bit about torque! ;)

·
Registered
678 Posts

Andy,

Good Idea.

The ///M may well be gone by then. However, even if it's not, I think I'll bring something different this time - tempting fate driving it whilst it's up for sale, 'n' all that.

I'll go with the 4th Sept. Anyone fancy having a look at an LPG-swilling Jag ?

....no - I thought not !!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

As it'll be a nice day, if the car's gone, bring the VTR, and you can come dressed as a Power Ranger! hiha

·
Registered
678 Posts

AndyE said:
As it'll be a nice day, if the car's gone, bring the VTR, and you can come dressed as a Power Ranger! hiha
I was thinking of bringing it - but it's a bit loud 'n' unruly for that posh-looking Herftord Heath Bunch, with the Race Cans I'm currently running......

Attachments

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,273 Posts
AndyE said:

Obviously because I live in the south, I suggest that the meet be down here, but I am going to be in the North during weeknights soon as I'll be working near Bradford.

How about a nice sunny evening, or a nice sunny Sunday? No rain, please.

We had some fun get-togethers in Sarratt and Hertford Heath, and also Wadesmill.

Who's interested?

This meet will be at 11am on Sunday Sept 4th at the same location as the last HH meet:

Goat Inn

25 Vicarage Causeway
Hertford Heath
Hertfordshire
SG13 7RT

So far....

Andy
Farrell (Darren)
Hertfordshire1 (Steve)
Illjah
FinalEd... (Terry)
SimonAl (Simon)

For those who don't know me, here I am.

Hey Andy
Count me in.
BTW, Nice CAMP pose next to the old derv wagon. :D

See yer there.
Farrell

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
AndyE said:

Who's interested?

Goat Inn

25 Vicarage Causeway
Hertford Heath
Hertfordshire
SG13 7RT

So far....

Andy
Farrell (Darren)
Hertfordshire1 (Steve)
Illjah
FinalEd... (Terry)
SimonAl (Simon)

Hi Andy,

I would be able to make the meet on Sunday 4th, just need to ask whether spouses are invited or not? This will play a part in how I let her know what I am planning to do this forthcoming Sunday.

Will be good to put faces to some of the frequent names I see on this website.

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jon Baker said:
just need to ask whether spouses are invited or not?
Jon

No problem, my housemate Jen will be there so your missus will have another girly to talk to!

See you there!
Andy

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
AndyE said:
Jon

No problem, my housemate Jen will be there so your missus will have another girly to talk to!

See you there!
Andy
My missus, although she denies it, is a bit of a car nut herself. I have taught her how to spot an M3 aside from any other 3 series, without seeing it from the rear - my proudest moment...LOLhiha

See you on Sunday..

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
AndyE said:
So far....

Andy
Farrell (Darren)
Hertfordshire1 (Steve)

Illjah (Alan)

FinalEd... (Terry)
SimonAl (Simon)
Jon Baker
I'm in provisionally - got to speak to my other half who is away with my boy at the moment so can't guarantee it, she is also pregnant so have to tread carefully with those crazy hormones! My M5 will probably be the scruffiest there but it gets used heavily, and it is still "Work In Progress" in my eyes - might have picked a few bits up of Wane on the fri / sat hopefully too.

Hope to see you there!

Oh, I'm not too sure of the roads round there - any one know whether I should come off the M11 from Camb at J7 and head thru Harlow, or will I be better (assuming M25 is ok) taking the M11 down to the M25, then getting the A10 up? I'm assuming getting thru harlow could be messy unless it has a good bypass....

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
illjah said:
I'm in provisionally - got to speak to my other half who is away with my boy at the moment so can't guarantee it, she is also pregnant so have to tread carefully with those crazy hormones! My M5 will probably be the scruffiest there but it gets used heavily, and it is still "Work In Progress" in my eyes - might have picked a few bits up of Wane on the fri / sat hopefully too.

Hope to see you there!

Oh, I'm not too sure of the roads round there - any one know whether I should come off the M11 from Camb at J7 and head thru Harlow, or will I be better (assuming M25 is ok) taking the M11 down to the M25, then getting the A10 up? I'm assuming getting thru harlow could be messy unless it has a good bypass....
The A10 is a good road and you'll have no trouble.

Hope to see you there.

Steve

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just use the A10 all the way from Cambridge.
Going to the M25 is a long way out of the way for you.
Especially since the new bypass, it's dual carriageway most of the way.

Hope you can make it!
Andy

1 - 20 of 41 Posts