BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I've searched the forums quit well and obviously our famous EDC system is a topic very, very, much discussed:):) I'm one of those who wants the the full edc to work.
My front struts are new. Rear are not.
I want to measure the input signals from the all the sensors on the connector of the EDC. (the connector with the tiny wires).
How do i do that and what can I measure and what do the values need to be?

For instance: I want to measure the steering input sensor. I reckon I start the engine, turn the steering wheel and measure somekind of voltage.
I know the sterring wheel provides the steering angle as well as the speed the steeringwheel is turned.

Can anybody help me out?

THX in advance

Willem

·
Registered
131 Posts
Willem , i think the best way to check the steering angle sensor & edc sensors would be with a scanner that has the capabilities of reading the data. Over here in the States the best choices are Autologic , A GT1 or BMW'S ISTA.

Im not sure why you would want to check these , are you experiencieng any problems? Usually the car does it's own diagnostics & will let you know with an illuminated dsc light.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the diagnostics tools. EDC warnings on the dash like "EDC not active" have appeared in the past but I fixed that already by cleaning all the connector joints etc....
Fact is that I'm sure the the rear EDC do not work. CH11S level is consistent with no leaks. SLS is working.
I just wanna make sure the controller gets the right input from the sensors allowing him to send the correct signals to the solenoids. If these are all right then I'm pretty sure the solenoids on the rear are not energized. Or they ARE energized but stuck some how? Understand what I'm saying? Cheers

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there nobody out there who knows what the voltage from the EDC sensors should be when measured during accelaration / deccelaration, vertical front and rear movement and the steering angle and speed of turn? if not I guess I'll have to find out myself and I'll post the reusults right here....:byee55amg:thankyou::rally_drive:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry, don't have the answer you're looking for, but I really want to know (my shocks seem fine but the EDC seems to be stuck on 'hard' setting which normally means the system as lost touch with a sensor)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts