BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
I think the guy on the left (and his design team) have done just fine. I vote for Chris...and he seems like a nice guy, based on my extremely limited interaction!!

I think Chris and his design team, as he quickly deferred to when I complemented his design of the 6, have done a great job distinguishing the 6 and M6 from the crowd. Whether you like the design or not, it will never be mistaken for anything other than a 6. That's welcomed by me in a car world where everything is sort of looking similar.

Attachments

·
Registered
853 Posts
Err....Bangle gets another vote from me

Millie

·
Registered
853 Posts
Sank_ch said:
Your PS looks like a Peugeot 307 cc... :1:
drunk 307CC overdosed on steroids wearing a BMW badge :haha:

Millie

·
Registered
816 Posts
MaxTimeOff said:
Whether you like the design or not, it will never be mistaken for anything other than a 6. That's welcomed by me in a car world where everything is sort of looking similar.
How very true indeed, and as a compliment.

Grey_ashes said:
Guys what do you choose? Chris Bangle's car or the one that I modified? I choose Bangle's.
Wild design by you. Reminded me of a professional aftermarket tuner. How about your impression of the front headlights too? :haha: I choose Bangle/van Hooydonk too.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Since his designs became public, Chris Bangle has been the centre of many pro and anti-groups. One moment there was even a petition to fire him. But the fact remains that thanks to great engineering of BMW and the new styling of Bangle, today BMW is more successfull than ever, even outselling its biggest competitor Mercedes-Benz. So the man must be doing something good. I think the combination of Chris Bangle and the Dutch designer Adrian Van Hooydonck works marvels. Besides, BMW understood very well that they had to take a new design direction if they wanted to stay in the picture.

Besides, it's not the first time Chris Bangle shook up the car-world. Remember the Fiat Coupé? If my memory is correct a car that was designed by Bangle and that also had its fans and disbelievers. Today it's a classic.

:M5eyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts