BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I have a terminal car habit that I will never be able to cure myself of, I have the itch for a new toy that I have found so I am thinking of selling my M6 as I have limited garage space. Any comments as to what she is worth? Here are the specs:

Late delivery 2008 Coupe
4,000 miles
Sapphire Black
Full Merino Leather (Black)
6speed Manual
All options except enhance premium sound and soft close doors (so it has NAV, parktronic, HUD, Sat radio, comfort access, etc).
2.5 years left on warranty.

Extras include a full standard version Tubi exhaust (cat back, not the slip on).
RPI ram air intake kit (black scoops).
Clear bra on EVERYTHING.
Jet black window tint.
V1 Hardwire.

Never wrecked, no unusual service history, never tracked, never abused, always warmed up and cooled down.

The rear bumper has been repainted as the bumper was scuffed (not hit) by some moron in a parking garage.

The condition is MINT as one would expect.

Any thoughts as to what I should sell it for and anyone know of any interested parties?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I don't know, as I haven't done any research, but the market for our cars is really soffftttt. If you have a terminal car habit, you know the nature of the business: you'll never get what you want, nor even what you truly think your car is worth. I'd say if you can get upper 50's-$60k take it and run. Low mileage 08's are in the 40's easy. Goodluck

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
As I have a terminal car habit that I will never be able to cure myself of, I have the itch for a new toy that I have found so I am thinking of selling my M6 as I have limited garage space. Any comments as to what she is worth? Here are the specs:

Late delivery 2008 Coupe
4,000 miles
Sapphire Black
Full Merino Leather (Black)
6speed Manual
All options except enhance premium sound and soft close doors (so it has NAV, parktronic, HUD, Sat radio, comfort access, etc).
2.5 years left on warranty.

Extras include a full standard version Tubi exhaust (cat back, not the slip on).
RPI ram air intake kit (black scoops).
Clear bra on EVERYTHING.
Jet black window tint.
V1 Hardwire.

Never wrecked, no unusual service history, never tracked, never abused, always warmed up and cooled down.

The rear bumper has been repainted as the bumper was scuffed (not hit) by some moron in a parking garage.

The condition is MINT as one would expect.

Any thoughts as to what I should sell it for and anyone know of any interested parties?
damn shame, id say use your driveway and dont worry about the garage queen status!

cant imagine y u'd be bored of the beast, at some point you gotta realize you're at the pinnacle and no where to go but.... :biggrinbounce:

good luck!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Low mileage 08's are in the 40's easy. Goodluck
That's a little pushing it!

The cheapest M6's anywhere in the US on autotrader and cars.com are going for low to mid 50's with much higher mileage than the OP's car. Granted 6 MT pushes the car's price down, but with that mileage and options he should get be able to get mid, even high, 50's easy.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I don't know, as I haven't done any research, but the market for our cars is really soffftttt. If you have a terminal car habit, you know the nature of the business: you'll never get what you want, nor even what you truly think your car is worth. I'd say if you can get upper 50's-$60k take it and run. Low mileage 08's are in the 40's easy. Goodluck

Show me ONE low mileage 08 in the 40s?

Maybe 08 M5, but not an 08 M6. I paid $61 500 for my 08 M6, that was this past summer in July.
I got a steal IMO, because the next 08 M6 that I was able to find was $67 900.

I looked up wholesale prices at the time, and the lowest wholesale price was $59 500.

But like I said, show me one 2008 M6 with low mileage for anywhere in the 40s....I think you would have a hard time finding a 2008 with high mileage for that price.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Id say right around 65k.
I'd say your dead on.
You should easily see 65k from private sale. probably around 61-62 on wholesale trade in value.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just went through buying and selling my M6 in the past few months. I want to say that you are looking at a price point of around $55,000. I really believe 60+k is a bit high. If you were selling an 09 then you might be able to sell it in the mid- high 60's.
Good luck with the sale.

·
8,369 Posts
I agree. I would say mid 50's.

Sorry to hear you plan on selling your beautiful beast already but that's life. We sell one we get another one.

Remember what establishes price: It is what a willing buyer is willing to pay the willing seller.

Good luck to you!

I just went through buying and selling my M6 in the past few months. I want to say that you are looking at a price point of around $55,000. I really believe 60+k is a bit high. If you were selling an 09 then you might be able to sell it in the mid- high 60's.
Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Show me ONE low mileage 08 in the 40s?

Maybe 08 M5, but not an 08 M6. I paid $61 500 for my 08 M6, that was this past summer in July.
I got a steal IMO, because the next 08 M6 that I was able to find was $67 900.

I looked up wholesale prices at the time, and the lowest wholesale price was $59 500.

But like I said, show me one 2008 M6 with low mileage for anywhere in the 40s....I think you would have a hard time finding a 2008 with high mileage for that price.
That's a little pushing it!

The cheapest M6's anywhere in the US on autotrader and cars.com are going for low to mid 50's with much higher mileage than the OP's car. Granted 6 MT pushes the car's price down, but with that mileage and options he should get be able to get mid, even high, 50's easy.
My mistake, I completely missed the fact it was an M6 -- I was thinking M5 (which are in the 40's and some in the high 30's).

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
damn shame, id say use your driveway and dont worry about the garage queen status!

cant imagine y u'd be bored of the beast, at some point you gotta realize you're at the pinnacle and no where to go but.... :biggrinbounce:

good luck!

I have my eye on either a GT2 or SL65 that are available and I am in need of a "fix" at the moment and both of those are worthy replacements.

If I could put it in the driveway I might but as I live downtown, that is not an option. I am extraordinarily lucky to have 3 garage spots were I live as most have one or two if they are really lucky.

The sacrifices we must make in life...sigh. hiha

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lot's of good feedback here....I appreciate it. I am not 100% decided in letting her go but it is a little easier as the snow has started to fall here so she is relegated to the garage for awhile.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I have my eye on either a GT2 or SL65 that are available and I am in need of a "fix" at the moment and both of those are worthy replacements.

If I could put it in the driveway I might but as I live downtown, that is not an option. I am extraordinarily lucky to have 3 garage spots were I live as most have one or two if they are really lucky.

The sacrifices we must make in life...sigh. hiha
Lol! Well the GT2 is a most worthy successor, but no way on the MB!!!!!!
Decisions decisions!!!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol! Well the GT2 is a most worthy successor, but no way on the MB!!!!!!
Decisions decisions!!!!
I don't know, I love the SL65's twin turbo V12 and have owned as many AMG cars as M cars. Also been down the P and F car roads. I generally don't discriminate, if a manufacturer builds a worthy car, I want to try it out.

BTW, A chipped SL65 makes MASSIVE power and is a great car to drive around down.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts