BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the trigger and picked up my very own beast this weekend. Pics to follow when I have time, but here are the vital stats:

2002 Sterling Grey
29K miles
Black sport interior
Fold down rear seats
Enhanced audio
CPO and 100K extended maintenance
Dinan software
Brand new clutch (OEM)
Brand new Potenza S-03's all around
Ceramic (Huper Optik) window tint
Absolutely mint condition in every respect

Thanks to everyone on this board - not only those who responded to my few posts, but also to the authors of the countless archived posts that I searched through, read and reread over the last few months. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that I would have ended up with an inferior quality car for more money had it not been for the wealth of information and advice found on this board.

As for the inevitable "now it's time for the mods" suggestions, the only thing I'm modding for the time being are the cupholders with 2 Ultimates that are on the way to me now. After I've spent some time with the car I'll start thinking about performance mods, but for the time being I'm just going to bask in the glory of finally having a beast to call my own.

·
Registered
50 Posts
hey the car sounds good. i would go for a dinan exhaust system or get a custom made one. the dinan one cost around $2000 (i think) which is steep, but it gives it that growl what the m5 needs

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Congrats. Please post some pics when you get the car - I'd like to see that window tint on it :byebye:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Sounds Awesome!! Lets see her...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.

Happy to see that you can find what you want if you continue to look.

Can't wait to see pics.

Best of luck.

Michael.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Ceramic Tint

Ashok Arora said:
Congrats. Please post some pics when you get the car - I'd like to see that window tint on it :byebye:
I probably won't get to take any pics until this weekend, but I'll post as soon as I can. As for the ceramic tint, it's just awesome and goes perfectly with the sterling grey color of the car. I'm not sure, however, if it would look as good with a black or carbon black car as it has a slight grey/bronze tint to it.

One other note to those of you still under maintenance plans. The previous owner said he got his dealer to take all 4 wheels off and clean and polish them until they looked new. All I know is that the wheels were the cleanest newest looking wheels I'd ever seen on an M5.

·
Registered
268 Posts
congrats on the car! i agree with gumball on the dinan exhaust. i have all dinan mods but the throttle bodies and camber plates (but those are going on soon), and the car sounds wicked. had it in to east bay bmw for service today, and talk about bees to the honey! not only does the car look great, but everyone comments on the sound. they pulled it into the service bay while i was waiting in the customer lounge, and all you hear is this deep rumble. the assisant mgr of the dealer comes out to me and says "i hear cars all day long, but nothing like yours, yours is definitely the best car we see in here!"

anyway--have fun!

mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts