BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after a "hot" run down the local interstate putting an IS250 in it's proper place I'm getting some clutch slipping between gears. It's not slipping in gear yet, but there's a noticeable slip changing gears. 78k on the odometer doesn't seem too unreasonable on the original clutch. Any other possibilities? SMG pump was already replaced a little over a year ago and no codes as of yet.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Was it a modified IS250? May I ask why even bother., doesn't the Is250 run around 200hp? unless a point had to be made.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was pretty much to make a point. He was driving like an *** so I decided to mess with him because I could....... ;-)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well new clutch installed at my Indy and we're back in the game. Shifts much, much better now and no more engagement chatter like I've had for a while now.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Well new clutch installed at my Indy and we're back in the game. Shifts much, much better now and no more engagement chatter like I've had for a while now.
Glad to hear! If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was 2500, but that included some other ancillary things like changing the trans fluid and installing the valve body for the SMG (I had the pump replaced a while back and they didn't install the valve body because only the pump died).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
TurboDave
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing