BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our second drive of the season will take place next Sunday, May 15th.

We will be joined for the first time by Skip(musta10000) and his wife Tracy, who will make the trek up from Des Moines in their Z8. I am tentatively planning on meeting up for supper on Saturday in the Twin Cities, as we usually have so little time on our drives to socialize(other than our lunch and fuel breaks).

I will post additional details for Saturday and Sunday soon.

:cheers:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Al:

Sorry I missed you at Park Place BMW yesterday. I had a class
to teach that evening and I needed to prepare for it. BTW I
thought their service was good and much more flexable than
other dealerships. AJ was very helpful in down loading the SIBs
pertaining to oil weight recomendations. I'll bring them to dinner.
Charmille and I are looking forward to meeting Skip and Tracy.
See you soon,
Stacey

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, Stacey:

No problem, I was not able to make it over to Park Place until 3 PM. Glad you finally gave AJ and Jeff a chance to earn your business, and I heard about the car wash SNAFU at the end ;) I had another good time hanging out in the service bay chatting with Jeff as he flushed my brake fluid. Boy that stuff is toxic...I would never want to do that work myself!

Do you notice any difference after Jeff installed your braided stainless brake lines? I don't think he's totally sold on them.

Look forward to next weekend.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Count me in.

With finals week coming to an end this friday, a nice "relaxing" drive in the country is just what I'll need :hihi:

- Pierce

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Al:

I think AJ was more upset about the car wash than I was. The
kid who did the wash was embarrassed so I let it go. He did put
some new scratches on the hood and rear deck. Fortunately,
they came out quickly with the Porter Cable and Einszett.
I can't tell a bit of difference with the braided brake lines.
When the weather gets warm and I'm using the brakes more
aggressively there may be some benefit.
I kept close track of the obc gas mileage crusing at a steady
75-80 mph. Going down I got 23.2 mpg and comming back
with the 10w-60 the mileage was 24.0 mpg. The temp was 37 F
on the way down and 57-60 F on the way back. The change
in tire pressure could have accounted for the difference, although
I did not check this. I cant tell any difference in performance or
oil temp but I was just cruising. AJ told me he spoke to the BMW
Rep earlier and he said the 5w-30 allows the VANOS system to
react quicker.hmmm

Justin:
I'm glad you will be joining us. Is Clare going to be able attend?
I hope your windshield wipers are back on line!
Looking forward to seeing you both,
Stacey

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Hi Al,
As you guessed, track commitments are going to once again interfere with my wish to join you all this weekend. I just can't get from one place to the next in enough time--maybe I need a special chip for my M5 engine--one that allows time travel :biggrin: So sorry!! Please don't give up on me joining you all one of these times!!!

Stacey,
Glad to see you're doing some actually testing with the different oil weights, etc. Please keep us updated.
I wanted to tell you this the other week (maybe it was the other month by now--sorry), but in response to your inquiry about other issues found in M5's but not specifically listed on the alldata.com tsb site for the M5 for your model year--was it vanos you were looking for? Anyway, I would glance over the tsb list for the previous M5 years--this may give you some clues as to some possible issues your model year M5 may eventually develop (or currently have). Just a thought!

Justin,
I'll miss you too--glad to hear you've successfully survived another school year--well done!

You all have a great time, okay????

Anita

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have a good weekend, Anita, we'll catch you some other time, :byebye:

It looks like we will have good weather on Sunday for our drive. Plans are still in place to meet for supper Saturday night. I will finalize our itinerary at supper rather than posting the itinerary here as I usually do.

·
Registered
46 Posts
schnelleM5 said:
Have a good weekend, Anita, we'll catch you some other time, :byebye:

It looks like we will have good weather on Sunday for our drive. Plans are still in place to meet for supper Saturday night. I will finalize our itinerary at supper rather than posting the itinerary here as I usually do.

I am going to miss this one also. Tthis year is turning out to be like last year as far as projects go. I am on call this weekend. I will just have to play it by ear for future runs. It would be nice if we could do a Saturday run
instead of Sundays if that is possible in the future. Have fun and safe motoring. Uber die strasse ich gehe. Das ist gut fur Duetschland.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MPWR1 said:
I am going to miss this one also. Tthis year is turning out to be like last year as far as projects go. I am on call this weekend. I will just have to play it by ear for future runs. It would be nice if we could do a Saturday run
instead of Sundays if that is possible in the future. Have fun and safe motoring. Uber die strasse ich gehe. Das ist gut fur Duetschland.

Hi, Rowland:

We will continue driving on Saturdays in the coming months. Unusual circumstances necessitated driving on Sunday this run and last.

I have not decided whether we should do the German Car Show in June. Are you planning on attending? Personally I would rather drive, but if you are thinking of going to the Show again this year we can plan on attending as well.

Have not finalized restaurant and time for our supper tomorrow night, but you are most welcome to join us if your schedule allows.

Ein schones Wochenende :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts