BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a pic of the beggining of a long process that will change the car, have yet to see matte white on the M5, it's been on my G35 coupe and IS250 before though and I loved it:
I'll post more when I get more of the panels covered, enjoy!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Nice project. I'm sure it's going to be awesome when it's finished, I've never seen a matt white M5 E60 before :goldcup:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the finished product! How about some before/during/after photos when completed would be great to see all thats involved :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How's the maintenance (cleaning, washing etc) of the white-matte-wrapped cars? Thx
It's just like paint, wipe it down. The only thing is you have to rub a little harder since sometime lots of dirt will almost soak into the vinyl, but its very cleanable
wow when's it gonna be done? Can't wait to see this and the DPEs!
hopefully in a couple days! I can't either, they should arive today!
Looking forward to seeing the finished product! How about some before/during/after photos when completed would be great to see all thats involved :)
Definitely, I'll show you some specifics on how to lay it, if you have time you can do it yourself!
I am anxious to see the end result. You are installing yourself??
I am too ha, Yes I am

Here's an update:
Didn't cut the right amount for the hood but I laid it anyways to get some practice, this is what it looks like:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I don't envy the job coming up you have with the splitter! This is awesome though, keep us updated

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, post up panel by panel updates please :D

And, yes I just checked and FedEx says the DPEs are on a truck to your house as I type this! :cheers:
I definitely will :)
I'm going to do it after Bimmerfest though
don't mind the half covered hood, I was playing with it, but here are the DPE's!

·
Registered
992 Posts
nice! so, how do you get the perfect seam down the middle of your hood without scratching it?

I want to try to do some matte blacking (just the diffuser and mirror) on my gf's Porsche Cayman S, but I'm too scared that I'll mess up her car.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice! so, how do you get the perfect seam down the middle of your hood without scratching it?

I want to try to do some matte blacking (just the diffuser and mirror) on my gf's Porsche Cayman S, but I'm too scared that I'll mess up her car.
Ah to be honest i didnt get the perfect seam :tonquesmilie:
I used black electrical tape to make a big bold borderline down the middle so people could see the contrast (the vinyl is off the car now)

Ah for 3D surfaces don't be afraid to use a good amount of heat and stretching, it helps a lot.
The biggest thing you need though is patience and windex... :haha2:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
The wrap sounds like a great idea but man your M5 color and paint looks outstanding. In that pic with the DPE's (btw look great) your ///M has an awesome gloss.
Also btw what did you do to the headlight trim?

Ranger

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The wrap sounds like a great idea but man your M5 color and paint looks outstanding. In that pic with the DPE's (btw look great) your ///M has an awesome gloss.
Also btw what did you do to the headlight trim?

Ranger
Thanks Ranger! I actually need the bumper and hood repainted (tons of chips) so the vinyl will at least stop more chipping. I painted the eyelid and reflector, wasn't feeling the orange and chrome isn't my favorite.

Update: will be working on Vinyl next week since Bimmerfest is this weekend.
Looking to complete by end of next week

1 - 20 of 71 Posts