BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
I wont be driving my M5 this winter. All though I have in the past. My only advice would be every warm day take it to the car wash and get as much of the salt of it as possible. If you aren't going to drive it this winter put mothballs in the front spoiler to deter those damn mice.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I do not use the M5 from Thanksgiving (or shortly thereafter) until April (after the roads thaw and the potholes are filled)

I do start it once in a while and let it "warm up" to normal operating temp, even though I have it in a heated garage.
I do keep it on a battery trickle charger ALL the time.

My wife does not use her 335cic either

What is the question about the tires ? I am not sure what you mean.

·
Registered
692 Posts
well I used to be. I went with the tirerack special. no name 18's with blizzak's. Car performed far better than expected. looked like crap but got the job done.

I think it was like $1200 for the set.

will be taking on this winter in a new C63.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I drive mine year round. I put the M Roadster away for the winter. I drive 80 miles a day from Attleboro to Westborough. It handles surprisingly well in the snow--not even close to great but considering.... Michelin snow tires

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
I drive mine year round. I put the M Roadster away for the winter. I drive 80 miles a day from Attleboro to Westborough. It handles surprisingly well in the snow--not even close to great but considering.... Michelin snow tires
Interesting. I wouldn't even entertain the thought of taking mine out in the snow. On a scale of 1 to 5 and 5 being the best, how does it handle in the snow?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree, with snow tires a solid 3--much better than most would think. With summer tires even the slightest slush will take you off the road. It is fun to have the rear wheel drive in the snow as long as you are aware of how the car will react to you.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
an easy way to ruin an M5 is to drive it in Massachusetts....the only state to use calcium and sodium chloride in liquid form...you can NEVER wash it totally out and they EAT fuel lines and brake lines....believe me I have changed many here in Massachusetts....

Now if your leasing...who cares !!!! I will NEVER buy another BMW...I will ALWAYS lease them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm doing about 100miles a day on the pike across the state. I'm hoping the pike does a better job clearing the snow this year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.