BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about this vehicle ... how it compares to the M5 performance wise and usability wise?

any and all info would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've read that the maintenance on it is ridiculously expensive - well above M territory.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
My friend has one for sale. Performance wise it is not up to par with the M. More luxury, less sport with a nice subtle exhaust note.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I know the look hot with a good setup. A guy near me has a dark gray metallic one on some nice wheels. Sits really nice so it might have springs. Sexy, Italian, a lot going for it. I was thinking about getting one, then realized I just need an M5 and be done with it.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Looked at one a couple of years ago. Beautiful interior and exotic looks. Not overly impressed with the performance.:cheers:

·
Registered
263 Posts
How should I put this?....

PWNED!! :biggrinbounce::M5launch:

·
Registered
534 Posts
owned?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
When they tested that car (GT-S version) on Top Gear, along with the Rapide and Panamera, the Quattroporte GT-S seemed like a helluva car. Not as fast as the Panamera, but what it lacked in performance, it gained in style/personality. Sick car IMO...I'd buy one.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The 12 yrs olds that play xbox online frequently mis-type the p/o....it has become an intentional misspelling
So that's where the p thing came from. Another one of life's little mysteries solved.

·
Registered
407 Posts
So that's where the p thing came from. Another one of life's little mysteries solved.
Actually, "owned, pwned, win, fail" were all derived from PC gamers. Especially Counter-Strike and WoW.

These terms have been used for the past 7 years. Only within the past 2-3 have they emerged to the general public and are now spoken regularly.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
The knock on the Maser has always been its Duo-Select gearbox, which was a generation or two behind everyone else's SMG-style gearboxes. Not sure if they ever updated it, but they did eventually add the option of a traditional automatic, which was better regarded.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts