BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a working knowledge on the new generation of mobile videophones? Everyday people show me small video clips on their phones that they have been sent or downloaded.

What format are these films in and can you convert footage from the likes of a camcorder to send to a videophone?

Once I have converted my footage how can I forward it on to a paying audience and what type of cost could I charge for a 1min clip?

My idea if there is enough profit to make it worth while would be to make small video clips just like the films on my website www.antandpete.co.uk from this years Gumball 3000 rally sent daily during the event, as we have seen from the M5 board and the UR forums there is a massive world wide audience.

So how do I market it to such a large scale? And then the obvious question do you think people would pay for daily coverage of the Gumball rally sent via video link to there mobile phones?

All views and responses welcome, as this is only a few months away we have to get this moving quickly

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hey there Pete.

There is a converter for mpg videos to 3gp videos that are standard video for mobiles. I have converted a few videos onto my mobile using this, you must remember there will be a limit as to length is concerned as people only have so much space and there is a limit to the size file you can receive wirelessly I believe. However, this is a variable to quality.

The file is called Nokia Multimedia Converter 2.0

I do not know why, but Nokia insist you register on the website to download the file and your key will be unique and I believe it is sent to your email address.

The link to download is http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,6566,034-63,00.html but you will have to create a username and password first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts