BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've searched but can't find a link to this. is it possible that i don't have a set or settings option on my main menu? i just completed a firmware update and wanted to activate the 3D but can't locate either of these options. any help is much appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
The perspective view must be activated first. This is done via the service menu.

From the main menu go to the "Settings" menu.
Press and hold the "Menu" button until the service menu comes up.
Scroll to the bottom of the service menu
Activate the Perspective View.
Press the "Menu" button to exit the service menu.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The perspective view must be activated first. This is done via the service menu.

From the main menu go to the "Settings" menu.
Press and hold the "Menu" button until the service menu comes up.
Scroll to the bottom of the service menu
Activate the Perspective View.
Press the "Menu" button to exit the service menu.
thanks. i understand how it works, however, i don't see the "set" or "settings" option on the main menu. that's my dilemma.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
thanks. i understand how it works, however, i don't see the "set" or "settings" option on the main menu. that's my dilemma.
Was the settings menu available prior to the S/W update?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
you know, i don't think so, but now i can't remember. is that going to be a problem for me?
Simple answer is yes. However, you may be able to access the service menu from software like NavCoder.

If the "Settings" menu is not available from the main menu you need to load a known good, OE O/S CD and get the computer running properly first. Then load a newer version of the OE O/S (one that supports perspective view (iirc, v.26 or later)).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Simple answer is yes. However, you may be able to access the service menu from software like NavCoder.

If the "Settings" menu is not available from the main menu you need to load a known good, OE O/S CD and get the computer running properly first. Then load a newer version of the OE O/S (one that supports perspective view (iirc, v.26 or later)).
Thanks for the help. I'm assuming that I can access the item(s) I need by Googling? Not too savvy on this stuff.

·
Banned
57 Posts
Thanks for the help. I'm assuming that I can access the item(s) I need by Googling? Not too savvy on this stuff.
Lookup V32 with day/night mode :cheers:

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Lookup V32 with day/night mode :cheers:
Or get one that has not been modified; especially not one of unknown origin or quality. If one is trying to sort an issue throwing new iisues into the mix is a very bad idea. Get the OE version.

·
Banned
57 Posts
Or get one that has not been modified; especially not one of unknown origin or quality. If one is trying to sort an issue throwing new iisues into the mix is a very bad idea. Get the OE version.
Understandable, myself and many others included simply have had great experiences with the aforementioned version.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it seems that anr updated V32 CD i purchased from ebay was defective. i didn't realize this until i purchased a new map cd from a second vendor. when i explained to him that the map cd wouldn't take, the second vendor realized that he sent me the wrong version. he resent me the correct version and also included an update disk. out of curiosity i uploaded his update disk and it did the trick. "Settings" function works and i also have 3D capability.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you have a Mk 3 unit (CD) and the large screen (2001,2002), search Ebay. I bought a modified software CD with some
of the DVD V.32 features like split screen,better color and the ///M logo on startup. If you can not find anything, reply and I'll find the company that
makes them. They have a good reputation and are not hackers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
4 Participants
ferrariman
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing