BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
M6 Forever said:
Congratulations to you manual devotees in the U.S. market! :happybirt
Thanks..... I am going to wait for it..... WoW..... It is the best news for us BMW fans.....:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
If this turns out to be true, I will:

(1) gladly give up my three-year-old 1st spot in line to await the row-your-own option

(2) take back every nasty thing I've ever written about user BMW NA and his/her lack of usefulness to this community

I'm not getting my hopes up just as yet, but if this does prove true, it will restore a good bit of the goodwill erased by recent design decisions and the subsequent justifications to this (and other) loyal base of customers.

Okay, so I AM getting my hopes up. Here's a little Woo-hoo! for BMWUSA!

-Dave

·
Registered
24 Posts
That sounds like three transmission choices. "...a rapid manual gearshift..." Could this mean DSG?

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
This is great news. Not sure wish tranny I will go with but it is sure nice to know that we will eventually have a choice. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
HAhahahha NICE!!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Teutonaddict said:
I'm not getting my hopes up just as yet, but if this does prove true, it will restore a good bit of the goodwill erased by recent design decisions and the subsequent justifications to this (and other) loyal base of customers.

Okay, so I AM getting my hopes up. Here's a little Woo-hoo! for BMWUSA!
Agreed. I could grow accustomed to the styling, but the MT option is mandatory. :noSMG:

·
Registered
955 Posts
the BMW representative in Canadian International Auto Show (Toronto) also agreed there will be 6-speed manual transmission available about one year after the introduction of M5.

so it's a fact now.

conventional 6-speed manual transmission will be available on M5 for both the US and Canada.

·
Registered
434 Posts
tifosi said:
the BMW representative in Canadian International Auto Show (Toronto) also agreed there will be 6-speed manual transmission available about one year after the introduction of M5.

so it's a fact now.

conventional 6-speed manual transmission will be available on M5 for both the US and Canada.
Tifosi,

I won't get to the show until next week. Is the M5 there?

If yes - Info? Pictures? Impressions? Crowd Reaction?

Don't hold out on us!

Cheers,

·
Registered
955 Posts
Mark540iMSport said:
Tifosi,

I won't get to the show until next week. Is the M5 there?

If yes - Info? Pictures? Impressions? Crowd Reaction?

Don't hold out on us!

Cheers,
yes, the M5 was indeed in the show. more specifically, the Interlago Blue M5 from Detroit auto show. and i guess the crowd in Detroit didn't treat the M5 with too much care (i know i didn't :haha: ) so the leather of the car was in very poor condition.

unfortunetly though, all the M cars are locked in the show. although i was lucky enough to have chance to play with the car during the press days.

·
Registered
16 Posts
tifosi said:
here are few of the pictures i took during the press day.
Wow, just 2 days ago, a good friend of mine sent me those identical pics. He said his friend got a VIP pass to the Autoshow and took those pics. That must've been you. lol, small world ouich

Great shots btw, I have yet to visit the Autoshow, haven't found the time yet. :crying:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Rengoku said:
Wow, just 2 days ago, a good friend of mine sent me those identical pics. He said his friend got a VIP pass to the Autoshow and took those pics. That must've been you. lol, small world ouich

Great shots btw, I have yet to visit the Autoshow, haven't found the time yet. :crying:
lol. i've been to the show 4 times already. :1:
it seems like it's impossible for me to get bored of the M5. :flag:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Gustav said:
Lovely pics, I think that blue is awesome!
Gustav, you would get arrested if you drove that blue. You need something a little less bold given your driving style.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Like red ;) News: I will probably get my hands on an E60 M5 this April. My plan is to go to Koenigsegg.com airfield and do a little video :1:We'll see!

KKelly said:
Gustav, you would get arrested if you drove that blue. You need something a little less bold given your driving style.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Gustav said:
Like red ;) News: I will probably get my hands on an E60 M5 this April. My plan is to go to Koenigsegg.com airfield and do a little video :1:We'll see!
finally, it's about time we have our own M5board review of the new M5. :blink:

·
Registered
434 Posts
tifosi said:
here are few of the pictures i took during the press day.
Great shots Tifosi!

I hadn't viewed this thread for a while and just saw them. It must have been great having the whole floor to yourself! .... except of course for that little hotty on the front hood in one of your pics...mmmmmm Someone you know?

I had to fight the masses:(

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts