BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just can't do it in this case. I called to get a couple of air box clips because there's a few rattling around in my engine bay that I cannot locate. The price per clip? $16 and change. I was stunned. I was like, is that for 10? No sir, that's per clip. I loled and thanked him for his time. ECS tuning has them for $3.75 a pop with $7 shipping. Still screwed on the shipping but less than half of what I would have had to pay at the dealer. Just to give you a visual of that $16 part, here it is.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Wow. I have a hunch that this forum is going to save me big $$$ in the years to come...
:eek:oohhh:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it's no secret that parts are cheaper online, but I still buy stuff locally if it's only a few bucks here and there.

·
4,353 Posts
pretty sure dealer doubles, triples, price etc based on how often people buy the part

i think that's why vanos solenoid boards went from $500/ea. to $2000/ea.,
the entire VANOS unit which includes the boards only went up to $2300/ea. from $2000/ea.

as for ordering online you have to place large orders to get the savings on the parts

i usually will order extra items (wipes, cabin filters, etc) and try not to break the $7-$10 shipping and handling

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I hear everything you guys are saying but just remember you need to compare apples to apples. The Chinese will knock off anything they can make money on. Of course, an air box hold down clip wouldn't matter but some OEM parts are significantly different.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still kinda want to go in there and have the parts guy bring that little piece of metal out and ask me for $16.50 for it. I know that poor guy has nothing to do with the pricing but I'd love to somehow make a scene and have some execs brought into it and have them look at the part and price. Surely they would feel some shame, right? I mean, what reasonable person could look you in the face and say that's right sir, that part costs $16.50. Lol!

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Bimmerzone usually has parts for realOEM price - 20% with free shipping. Vincent is pretty quick and got my through my hydro-lock ordeal with minimal hassle.

·
4,353 Posts
I hear everything you guys are saying but just remember you need to compare apples to apples. The Chinese will knock off anything they can make money on. Of course, an air box hold down clip wouldn't matter but some OEM parts are significantly different.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
they're not referencing knock offs.... the dealership is actually quadrupling the price for the clip

Search SiteSearch 13711716113 - ECS Tuning
Genuine BMW Fuel Preperation Spring Clip 13711716113 - Turner Motorsport
BMW Parts - getBMWparts.com - Exceptional Pricing | Unparalleled Service | Genuine BMW Parts
BMW Parts - Chevrolet GMC Cadillac BMW Mercedes Benz Parts and Accessories

·
Registered
988 Posts
Is there any possibility of a wrong number?..You want another heart stopper?..My rear sway bar bracket was noticed as broken on my last trip to the dealer for an oil change, so they replaced it for me..with tax, in Canada it was almost 80.00 just for the bracket..I made them take it off..ridiculous.I have had enough, and am not a big DIY guy..I traded the car in a week later and bought an Audi..

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is there any possibility of a wrong number?..You want another heart stopper?..My rear sway bar bracket was noticed as broken on my last trip to the dealer for an oil change, so they replaced it for me..with tax, in Canada it was almost 80.00 just for the bracket..I made them take it off..ridiculous.I have had enough, and am not a big DIY guy..I traded the car in a week later and bought an Audi..
Nope, I even had him describe the part to confirm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts