BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry guys , i need to vent because its driving me mad.

im now drive almost a month on my bycicle and im getting frustrated.i ask my self all day long why i even want to put up with all this sh*t for so long.my car is a moneypitt and im getting tired off it/ and broke to.my relationship with my father gets worse every day, because all off the problems i get in to with this car.in the 2-3 years i own the car now, i spent almost 20 g$ on repairbills, and the endresult???? still broken...at this point i would kill someone if i could, thats how high its in my head , can't sleep anymore,can't eat,arguments all day long with anybody for the most stupid things.
my mind says sell the thing , my hart dont want to and can't, i really love the car to mutch ,its my dreamcar for ever and i always said that i would never go out off my hands again. i would be gutted, iff it would be sold and prices are so low these days, it would not be worth it to sell the thing after all the money i putted in.but is it worth to have all these problems in the end, and for what, just a car ??i'm on the darkside of M territory. now..

end venting:grrrrr: sorry about that.:hihi:

now my latest break down...

i wend to a friend that tryed to flasch my dme/ecu to the latest update and you can guess it, it wend tottally wrong. flash stopped in the middle of the programmation,tryed several times with different bmw programs but the car wont start no more and had to be towed home.
then i wend to a good friend and tuner, and they flasched a program from a other m5 direct on the eprom. that worked, but once in the car ,it wont start again.we then tryed synchronising the ews to the dme, same thing.. it wont start because of two different chasisnumbers.(ews/my chasisnumber, dme/ other chasisnumber). then i gave up and called a good friend to tow me to a bmw garage.there they tryed everything, old dme reset , they managed to program it again with data, ews synch wend ok, endresult....NO start.ordered new dme now and when they put it in , they tryed to program it , same thing..load data up to 7 min , than it breaks off...and is not able to load the data. i'm getting desperate by now, its going to cost me a fortune on work hours and im still riding my bike after a month.
the car doesnt run for a sec...

A GOOD TIP I CAN GIVE ALL OFF YOU,DONT LET ANYBODY MESS WITH YOUR DME/ECU, its going to save you some sleepless nights and money...

does anybody have some more tips/thoughts on what to do next??:1zhelp:

im sorry iff i wasted 5 minutes of your life :hihi::hihi:

thank you.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Sorry to hear your problems....They seem self inflicted. Maybe you need to bite the bullet and take it to a dealer with the proper computer and have the software reloaded. After that leave well enough alone.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Sorry to hear your problems....They seem self inflicted. Maybe you need to bite the bullet and take it to a dealer with the proper computer and have the software reloaded. After that leave well enough alone.
Agree with the first thought... but he did 'bite the bullet and take it to the dealer' in the end.

A common theme on this board seems to be an ugly intersection with delayed maintenance, subtle wearing out of parts, DIY efforts and modifications.

Good luck with the DME- no words of wisdom.

A

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yep thats the worst part, the car was running great before whe did the upgrade flash.the car was planned to go in for chip tuning, so i had to get the latest software.

the car is at the dealer now for more then a week, they resetted the dme,synchronised the ews,loaded new data on old dme,then they ordered a new dme,still wont load data or even start ...
they never had problems like these before, so they are replacing parts just on a guess.bmw germany can't help either for the moment i think ,because otherwise it would allready be resolved ...

my car is maintained well.my car comes allways on the first place, thats how mutch i love it.i would save on food iff i had to ,just for fixing my car.(i dont have to, just as a statement how i feel about my car)
the m5 is like my drug,i have a full tuned race bike in the garage but it can't replace the m feeling by far, cant understand it myself.i raced with bikes for some years but once the m5 came ,the passion for racebikes was over..

i have to walk the path alone on this one i guess...:crying2:

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I think we're all eager to help in any way we can, but at some point you need to decide which is more important to you - a car with all the latest "goodies" and "upgrades" or one that runs reliably. Based on your posts to date it does not appear that you can have both.

d-

·
Registered
723 Posts
sorry to hear about the problems. My brother's 540iT had an short in the wiring harness, which burned out his ECU. We replaced the harness, and bought a used ECU. It turned out to be impossible to get it reprogrammed, and he ended up having to buy a new ECU. It took the dealer a couple of tries to reprogram the new ECU, but they were finally able to get it done.

It was a very frustrating experience for him as I'm sure this is for you. I do hope that you'll be able to keep your anger from flowing over to your family and friends. Those relationships are just too important to risk over a stupid car.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys for the comments/support.

i know that i will have to take decision's in the future about what i want from the ///M.i just trust to many people that say they can do what they say , and i buy it:hihi: all the time. i dream to mutch.end result is most off the time bad. i got no luck with this car , iff it comes to modding.i want to make the fastest,baddest,coolest m5 dreamcar for myself in belgium, but faith says no.:crying2: every time i do something it breaks ..
but i will win in the end, my mind is made up and im focused to succeed :hihi:
many walk the path, a few are chosen.

now for some cartalk..
they reseted my old ecu, tryed several times to upload new software,but allways around 7 minutes off uploading it breaks off and says ecu can not find signal. at the end they managed to get it all on the ecu,they synchtonized the ews,ews said synchro ok but it wont start .then they ordered a new ecu and tryed again to upload the data , again nothing,7 minutes and it breaks off again.. then they took everything out,ecu/cluster/ews and made a network to load (iff i understood it good)end again faillure.now the are to the point they ordered again a new ecu from germany that will have a special custom made programming from bmw self but it takes a good week before it will be delivered so thats how far i stand for now.i hope it will be ok after that, although my faith is at a low point for the moment.

family talk....:3:
i know its hard for my friends and family to now. i'm not that enjoyable for the moment, i miss my car/drug.im just fed up to allways have to explain/defend myself that its broken again, and how that happend,why i put so mutch money in it,that its not a car for me but for rich people,that i'm wasting my money on cars instead of looking for a girlfriend and make something from my life..etc.most off the guys here are parents to ,so i know that you guys understand what i mean.

i had to sell a couple off years ago my brand new house because me and my girlfriend broke up.i worked my *** off all alone to get that far in my (for now) short life.and at the end i got nothing over.friends/family dont get it that i look only to myself now,buy what i want, and try to enjoy my life alone. i like it that way for now.i have just a problem with my car,the rest off my life is great.the moment i die, i will know that i did everything i wanted to do in my life. that means more to me than all the rest.

it just makes me angry sometimes that people allways want to place you in a box.do this ,do that, have a girlfriend,take a dogg,buy a diesel, save allot off money so your girl/wife can take half later..(iff your lucky) and then at the end ,die miserable.

i just dont want to be put down and laughed about by friends who enjoying my miserie , just because i try to live my life like i want now. iff they cant speak good off me ,then they just have to shut there mouth and leave me alone.

now that i read it again..,venting is good :haha: i feel allot better actually.

back to car talk, i'm done with family for now:M5thumbs:

anyway iff i got good news ,i will post asap.:cheers:

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Yup. He's a car guy. :hihi:

I suspect many of us understand your disease. Its a question of who is more or less successful fending off its ravages.

I could never rationally explain to the non-infected why I have spent so much on my M5 disease. And the spending is not over by any means.

I suppose in the end, what matters is that it is your choice and you are satisfied with it. If not, re-evaluate.

When she's running sweet again, you might consider taking a little break. Put her in the garage, lock her up for a week or two, fire up your bike, and clear your head.

It can be a madness indeed if you let it take over your life. ;)

Dave

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup. He's a car guy. :hihi:

I suspect many of us understand your disease. Its a question of who is more or less successful fending off its ravages.

I could never rationally explain to the non-infected why I have spent so much on my M5 disease. And the spending is not over by any means.

I suppose in the end, what matters is that it is your choice and you are satisfied with it. If not, re-evaluate.

When she's running sweet again, you might consider taking a little break. Put her in the garage, lock her up for a week or two, fire up your bike, and clear your head.

It can be a madness indeed if you let it take over your life. ;)

Dave

thanks guys...its allways great to be apart of a community that understands you .
after some venting it was like some weight dropped off my shoulders.

Dave mate,you made me smile yesterday,for the first time in a month.feels great.thanks man. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I am sorry to hear about all your problems, if it makes you feel any better I have nearly spent what I payed for the car on repairs. There will come a point were everything is fixed and you will only have to pay for routine repairs, I am just getting to that point after a year and half of ownership. Keep in mind that there is a time and a place to go to the dealer for repairs and other times you go to someone you can trust and I have only just learn that, before bmw used to see me coming everytime.
I promise you the problems will go away as this is a reliable car just a bit highly strung so it needs a bit more attention than other cars.
Anyway try to forget your problems for now and have a good weekend, next week don't get stressed out just handle everything objectively and when you get her back, hit the sport button.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks mate , i will do that for sure.once i get her back ,i'm nailing the ***** as her punishment..:hihi::hihi: j/k

i know, after all my expensive repairs the car ran well for atleast couple off months without a problem, thats why i sheduled a chiptune + some mods, as a get even better treatment.but she punished me instead, for messing on her brain..

oh well nothing can be done now , i'm trying to forget it for now and make the best off it on two wheels :hihi:.

:byee55amg salut mon ami

·
Registered
526 Posts
I had a similar experience with my supercharged E46 330i. Tuner had mounted a piggyback chip, while programming, he fried the ECU.

That was it, eventually cost him a new ECU. After that experience, I decided stock was best.

Alternatively, get your mods done by a company that can stand by and correct any screw ups they make

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats true, i realize it now because the dude said it wasn't his fault and i dont have to count on financial help...friends eh pfff , although the guy works on many bmw's , especially electronics and electronic settings.its not that i trow my car in by anybody because they say the can. he has all the oem software from bmw to do this.he says he works for bmw also on problem cases..:3: well i got one now :hihi:

it was just a update from the ecu also, no chip or anything. just a update flash like they do by bmw.

the problem is i trust to many people.and i will not learn that, even it isnt the first time someone messes op my car...:grrrr:

anyway its to late now , the harm is done...

hope they get it back in shape.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the car is back..:hihi: after 5 weeks..man it feels great to be in the driversseat again...all my problems are gone after a 1 hour drive..im feeling like a new person again.

so never let someone mess with the ecu,go to bmw for a reflasch...going to save you some major $$$..3500$$ for costummade ecu from munich+ some work..

as get back together gift, i will baby her with some high gloss polisched summer wheels(need to clean the centers first :3:, i know im lazy), and new painted interiour trim so she looks pretty again..:hihi::hihi:

i hope she doesn't get mad at me again :3::3:cherrsagai
getting scared to mod my car...lol

thanks guys for the support :M5thumbs: it helped me allot at that time that i could vent a bit..feeling allot better now and going strong ..:typing:

Attachments

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
first off why would you have anyone except a reputable tuner or the dealer mess with your DME?

I am sure you do not need a new DME, just take it to the dealer and let them reinstall the software and have them code the ews.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
well , the guy i knew, works on problemcases for bmw dealerships , so i trusted him with that.who can i trust otherwise??but once it goes wrong, friends and money dont go together. atleast thats what i know nowhmmm.

the car was 14 days at the dealer so the tryed everything they could.im sure off that.
the old dme was resetted, reprogrammed,ews was activated and the car wouldent cranck up.they ordered a brand new dme and it couldent be programmed. the car refused to accept the software and later when it did, it was the same as the first, no crank.then they ordered one specially programmed by the bmw motorsport in munich. in with the new custom one ,ews free and it started right away.

we tryed everything, from resets up to directly putting a program on the eprom, so i think it was necessary to get a new one.

anyway everything is paid and a expensive lesson learned.
life goes on...

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
wow.... thats sucks! I am glad its all worked out!

Ryan

well , the guy i knew, works on problemcases for bmw dealerships , so i trusted him with that.who can i trust otherwise??but once it goes wrong, friends and money dont go together. atleast thats what i know nowhmmm.

the car was 14 days at the dealer so the tryed everything they could.im sure off that.
the old dme was resetted, reprogrammed,ews was activated and the car wouldent cranck up.they ordered a brand new dme and it couldent be programmed. the car refused to accept the software and later when it did, it was the same as the first, no crank.then they ordered one specially programmed by the bmw motorsport in munich. in with the new custom one ,ews free and it started right away.

we tryed everything, from resets up to directly putting a program on the eprom, so i think it was necessary to get a new one.

life goes on...

·
Registered
2002 BMW M5 E39 Dinan
2,235 Posts
At some point things end up owning you, and not the other way around. Keep that in mind. I am also giving 2nd thoughts to my M5.

yep thats the worst part, the car was running great before whe did the upgrade flash.the car was planned to go in for chip tuning, so i had to get the latest software.

the car is at the dealer now for more then a week, they resetted the dme,synchronised the ews,loaded new data on old dme,then they ordered a new dme,still wont load data or even start ...
they never had problems like these before, so they are replacing parts just on a guess.bmw germany can't help either for the moment i think ,because otherwise it would allready be resolved ...

my car is maintained well.my car comes allways on the first place, thats how mutch i love it.i would save on food iff i had to ,just for fixing my car.(i dont have to, just as a statement how i feel about my car)
the m5 is like my drug,i have a full tuned race bike in the garage but it can't replace the m feeling by far, cant understand it myself.i raced with bikes for some years but once the m5 came ,the passion for racebikes was over..

i have to walk the path alone on this one i guess...:crying2:

·
Registered
2002 BMW M5 E39 Dinan
2,235 Posts
"the car refused to accept the software and later when it did, it was the same as the first, no crank."

Sounds like trying to do a heart transplant for a human.

life goes on...

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
"the car refused to accept the software and later when it did, it was the same as the first, no crank."

Sounds like trying to do a heart transplant for a human.
hehe, iff the car didn't need one , i allmost did :hihi:doom scenario's came up in my head from replacing all the cables up to begining parting out my car :3:

the patient is healthy again.:haha2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts