BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has 125k miles and I will be replacing the original wheel bearings and flex disk. The list below is what I have replaced so far, besides basic tune-up:

Rear Main Seal
UUC Lightweight Flywheel & Clutch Kit (I regret this)
UUC Transmission Bushings
O2 Sensors
MAF's
Cam PS
Valve Cover Gaskets
Fuel Filter

I have not done anything to the vanos system or timing chain. I think I will be installing the oil pressure accumulator and changing vanos seals or whatever is needed. Differential seals will be coming up also.

I would like to know what else I should replace while I am in that area or in general considering the car's mileage??.

Thanks.

·
Registered
991 Posts
My car has 125k miles and I will be replacing the original wheel bearings and flex disk. The list below is what I have replaced so far, besides basic tune-up:

Rear Main Seal
UUC Lightweight Flywheel & Clutch Kit (I regret this)
UUC Transmission Bushings
O2 Sensors
MAF's
Cam PS
Valve Cover Gaskets
Fuel Filter

I have not done anything to the vanos system or timing chain. I think I will be installing the oil pressure accumulator and changing vanos seals or whatever is needed. Differential seals will be coming up also.

I would like to know what else I should replace while I am in that area or in general considering the car's mileage??.

Thanks.
Why do you regret the flywheel and clutch?

Good list of PM there. I'd add the thermostat change and if you got the coin do up the water pump as well. Good excuse to do a coolant flush and while you got the plenum apart, swap out the TPS's too.

Looks like we're on pretty similar paths as well:

Mine has 98K and so far I've done/ordered:

4 CPS's
2 TPS's
4 O2's
Thermostat
2 coolant temp sensors
flex disk
coolant flush, replaced with bmw blue
fuel filter
spark plugs
cleaned out throttle bodies