$1805? That's a really good price

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
481 Posts
They are a few years behind schedule but it does look good.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here is the Dyno sheet:

·
Registered
496 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish they had used cans like the 14815/6 that has 1 pipe in 2 pipes out instead of this 1 to 1 with a dual tip.

Picture:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was hoping for half of that when they announced that they were going to release it, lol. Guess their marketing team did their research since the cheapest M5 exhaust available out there is around $1300...
That's right around the cost of the Remus Race Exhaust...

Thoughts on Magnaflow vs Remus?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Gotta wonder if the parts are sold separately. That xpipe might be a good alternative to Supersprint.
I think it is one of their universal Xpipes with some extensions welded on...

·
Registered
481 Posts
I wish they had used cans like the 14815/6 that has 1 pipe in 2 pipes out instead of this 1 to 1 with a dual tip.

Picture:
+1
Maybe they did it for less rasp? ( :confused2 ) but my personal preference is that the tips stuck out a little bit more instead of being near flush with the diffuser. THAT difference would make me actually want it, v. just saying it is a nice exhaust.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
+1
Maybe they did it for less rasp? ( :confused2 ) but my personal preference is that the tips stuck out a little bit more instead of being near flush with the diffuser. THAT difference would make me actually want it, v. just saying it is a nice exhaust.
True,
or maybe on the dyno they found the others to be less of a boost or possibly a loss of torque from lack of back pressure?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Does anyone know if we can purchase just the front portion of the set? (X-Pipe/resonator section) I'd really be interested in that!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Just get X-Pipe 10971. It fits right onto the pipe coming from the cats. Then you just get a muffler shop to cut off the resonators and put some short pieces of pipe to connect to whatever you're running. Should cost less than $200.

·
Registered
601 Posts
The previous owner of my car deleted the resonators when he installed the Magnaflow 14816s. I'm guessing the magnaflow x-pipe/resonator combo would also be much lighter than the stock resonators that were removed?

I'm a little worried about welding all the separate pieces together. How do I know what the correct lengths of piping and exact location of the resonators and x-pipe should be? Doesn't this make a difference in the sound and power?

Actually I ordered the X-Pipe 10971 but they sent me a 10970 (2.25" instead of 2.5"). Unfortunately I've since brought the pipe with me halfway around the world and to return it for a replacement would cost more than the part itself. I know someone else on the board has also used this size instead of the 10971. Does the difference in inlet size have an effect on performance or sound?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts