BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know about the rest of you, but owning a black car is a love hate existence. When she's clean, there's no sexier color, but lets face it, the damn thing is never clean, even after you've just washed it.

I do the best I can to wash the ol lady properly. Two buckets, quality wash (CG Mr. Pink, ONR, etc), nice wash mit, extra care when drying etc (on top of the fact that she's been opticoated). After poking around the internet I came across a product by Chemical Guys called EcoSmart waterless wash. I used it today and the car looks INCREDIBLE. I've attached a shot of the hood and the trunk. Spray on, wipe off, buff. Entire car, including windows and wheels took about 45 minutes. I was able to wash the car in the garage too. Sweeeet.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I usually drop my car off at the Parking Spot before traveling weekly and have them wash it thoroughly, however, at ~75'ish a wash almost weekly I agree, it does get very old, very fast.

·
Registered
513 Posts
You don't need to brush off any loose dust\dirt? You can just spray directly and wipe without scratching the clear coat?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car washing spray is life changing? I wonder what you'd call the really important stuff in life. ouich
It does change my life. Thus, life changing. The really important stuff... not sure what you mean. Car paint is the really important stuff. :byee55amg

·
Registered
85 Posts
You and I are on the same boat. This is my first black car and now I really understand how hard it is to keep clean. I practically dust and spray Z6 almost every single day. I know I don't have to but when its clean and shiny, it gives me that good feeling :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Reactions: BadSeed

·
Registered
191 Posts
Having machine corrected my sapphire black M5 I find the easiest way to maintain it is a touchless wash

I cover the whole car in VP citrus pre-wash and allow to dwell for around 10 minutes then rinse

AF avalanche as snow foam then hot air dry.

This system with purified water means I rarely have to wash it but when I do I use a 2 bucket method.

Once dry I wipe down with Zaino Z6

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I have 4 black cars including my M5. So I understand the love/hate joy/pain relationship. The cars look amazing when clean but water spots and dust are a constant battle. So I am all about trying this plus I have heard alot of good things about the chem guys products.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Does anyone use the California water blade to remove most of the water and follow up with a cobra drying towel?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does anyone use the California water blade to remove most of the water and follow up with a cobra drying towel?
I have one, I'm really to scared to run anything over my paint that isn't super duper high quality. For the pimp van (wife's dd), or the truck (my dd) the blade is fine :D

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I don't know about the rest of you, but owning a black car is a love hate existence. When she's clean, there's no sexier color, but lets face it, the damn thing is never clean, even after you've just washed it.

I do the best I can to wash the ol lady properly. Two buckets, quality wash (CG Mr. Pink, ONR, etc), nice wash mit, extra care when drying etc (on top of the fact that she's been opticoated). After poking around the internet I came across a product by Chemical Guys called EcoSmart waterless wash. I used it today and the car looks INCREDIBLE. I've attached a shot of the hood and the trunk. Spray on, wipe off, buff. Entire car, including windows and wheels took about 45 minutes. I was able to wash the car in the garage too. Sweeeet.

OP... I noticed a couple of very nice lids in the reflection.
What are you riding?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OP... I noticed a couple of very nice lids in the reflection.
What are you riding?
Those are helmets that have been sent to the farm where they can run and play with all the other helmets :( RIP.

I rode both street/dirt for years, but gave up street when kids were introduced into the picture. Right now my dirt ride is a 2012 Husaberg TE 250, my wife rides a CRF230, and the little guy is on a CRF50.

(only pic i could find)

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
i have a carbon black e39 m5 and i swear you look at her wrong and it swirls up after i had it detailed\ paint correction by detail dynamics i drop it off there to have washed if it swirls its on them but if i feel daring enough i will try this

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
I use the Cali Duster pretty much everyday and have a mini one for the wheels and then use Meguiar's detailing spray every few days. Maybe I'll try this product.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm willing to try this so I just ordered EchoSmart-RU. I'll continue to use my Zaino Z6 and Z8 sprays for "shine" maintenance but I'll use the EchoSmart instead of doing full wash.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts