BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Has anyone successfully installed one of these in an E60 M5? As part of my BC coilover install, I'm installing one of these to get rid of the EDC fault message. However, I can't get it to work. The module only lights green and does not 'flash' as advised in the instructions. I have followed the wiring details as per the instructions and this post here;

macht schnell EDC emulator

PIN2 from Module >> PIN15 on EDC connector
PIN10 from Module >> PIN14 on EDC connector
PIN3 from Module >> Red wire removed from EDC connector (BMW harness)
PIN11 from Module >> Blue/Red Wire removed from EDC connector (BMW harness)

PIN1 = +12V Power
PIN6 = Ground

Any help appreciated!

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
My recommendation is to contact European Auto Source as they own Macht Schnell and ask them for help regarding the wiring install. I think they would be your best bet I only know of one other guy in the M6 section that ran this EDC module.

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,393 Posts
You can always have it coded out, at least that's what I did.

I had my EDC coded out by EAS.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks lads. I've spoken to tom at eas but as far as I can see, I've got everything correct according to his instructions. I'll give it another shot today, if no joy then I'll look into coding or loom resistors.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FAI, I verified all the wiring and tried different configurations for the can signals but just could not get the module to work. So, I popped down my local electronics place, bought some ceramic resistors equal to the EDC shock valves. Installed these, and they work perfectly - no EDC fault displayed!

So, either the module is faulty or just won't work with E60 M5's. Without anyone else running one it's hard to tell. I'll probably try and return it and see if they can offer any sort of refund.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts