BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Should the M6 owner be condemned for putting pin stripes on his M6?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear Brothers (and the dumbass woman in Fremont who leased the M6 cab and couldn't afford it),

I spotted a beautiful 08 M6 Cab on the A1A just north of Miami proper. It looked like the Individual Ruby Black color.

Guess what? It has a bloody pin stripe. I tried to catch up and possibly ram the car so that I can peel it off. I took a pic and the stripe is just where the quarter panel meets the trunk lid......

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

I want to hear from all of you:

Pin Stripes Good or Pin Stripes AWFUL???

Attachments

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Well......

Perhaps the owner is just trying to draw the eye away from that magnificent Bangle Duck Butt trunk lid.

'Sorry, 'couldn't resist.:hihihi:

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Perhaps the owner is just trying to draw the eye away from that magnificent Bangle Duck Butt trunk lid.

'Sorry, 'couldn't resist.:hihihi:
Thats it.....your driving alone to Vegas.:byee55amg

·
Registered
836 Posts
T Bone,
I second the ramming idea. Pinstripes on an M6 is illegal in most states anyway, so you're doing the cops and members of this board a favor.
On a serious not how does it have Ruby Black if it's not a Nieman Marcus Edition from '07? I though Individual colors were not available in the States yet.
Did you get to see the front of it? The difference between the facelifted headlamps of '08 and the Nieman Marcus hood (and '07 headlamps) should be obvious.

·
Registered
53 Posts
ive seen that car before in sunny isles beach. I think that car is the neiman marcus edition m6. The car had red metallic flakes in the black paint.

·
Registered
397 Posts
ive seen that car before in sunny isles beach. I think that car is the neiman marcus edition m6. The car had red metallic flakes in the black paint.
Nieman Marcus Edition or not, it doesn't matter!!! The pinstripes can't be standard from the factory...?:nono: And if it is, I just lost a ton of respect for the "M" series... :sad2::sad2::sad2: Even though the trunk can fit 3 strippers...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
There's a Black M6 convertible running around the Dallas area that has pin strips that actually match the M colors. I do think it needs to be hunted down and taken/ripped off - such disrespect! :eek:

:cheers:

·
Registered
991 Posts
To be honest, I'm a huge fan of solid colors and not alot of chrome. The car looks great stock but on any car (except an escalade etc), I personally think the less bling the better.

I just sold my suv that I thoroughly enjoyed, it came with bumpers, grills, everything painted black so I just blacked out the lights and put 5% tint on all the windows plus 35% on the windshield to make it as solid black as possible.

So when I can get an M6 I want to match the front grill to the paint before I do any body work.

When I read the thread title I expected to see a picture of an M6 with vertical pin stripes like a suit or something. haha

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
T Bone,
I second the ramming idea. Pinstripes on an M6 is illegal in most states anyway, so you're doing the cops and members of this board a favor.
On a serious not how does it have Ruby Black if it's not a Nieman Marcus Edition from '07? I though Individual colors were not available in the States yet.
Did you get to see the front of it? The difference between the facelifted headlamps of '08 and the Nieman Marcus hood (and '07 headlamps) should be obvious.

Hey, it could have been the Nieman Marcus M6 but I swear it was an 08. Anyway, who is brave enough to admit that the pinstriped M6 is theirs??

Anyone?

BTW: I am onboard a cruise ship right now in the Caribbean....I am paying $0.40 / minute surfing the M5board :cheers:

·
Registered
991 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
so I just blacked out the lights and put 5% tint on all the windows plus 35% on the windshield to make it as solid black as possible.
You put tint on the windshield? That is illegal execpt for the upper 10% in the sate of Texas, don't get caught, those troopers and locals carry a tint tester!

·
Registered
991 Posts
You put tint on the windshield? That is illegal execpt for the upper 10% in the sate of Texas, don't get caught, those troopers and locals carry a tint tester!

I've been pulled over three times since I've had the tint, twice by state troopers and once by a local officer, all in Texas(Oklahoma Police didnt seem to care since I had Texas plates and OK lacks inspection). One trooper put a tint tester box over my front side window and told me the window was %2 and the legal limit was %25. He told me to take care of it when I could then we started talking about some BS and how I went to OU and he just gave me a warning. The other two times I never had any problems with the tint. I think after they asked me if I were carrying drugs only to realize I have a clean record and no drugs in my car they don't care too much. Tint on the windshield kept my SUV really dark and nice inside. I won't ever tint a sports car with more than %25.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

Not to mention screwing up the HUD! You are asking to get popped. everyone I ever knew that was brave enough to tint their windshield has been busted. A few guys had their cars taken away until the film could be removed! It's your time/dime. I would think twice about it if I were you.:nono:

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
3,394 Posts
Not to mention screwing up the HUD! You are asking to get popped. everyone I ever knew that was brave enough to tint their windshield has been busted. A few guys had their cars taken away until the film could be removed! It's your time/dime. I would think twice about it if I were you.:nono:
For what it's worth, very light ceramic tint doesn't screw with the HUD. 50 to 70% tint on the front windshield is virtually invisible, it just cuts heat down a lot.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Yeah i guess if it's lite. My tech told me that film on the windshield may interfere with the HUD's performance. for that reason and the cop issue, no need to risk it. My car is all black and it certainly looks dark enough without a tinted windshield IMO. Take care.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts