BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I was thinking about ordering the 20 inch Hamann Anniversary I rim, I am now looking into 21 inch after seeing the Hartge M5. I know that Hartge, Schnitzer, G-power and Breyton do 21's. Anyone else know of good brands that carry 21's?

Frank.

ps. I don't intend to start an argument on 20's or 21's.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the Hartge wheels look awesome on an M5, looks like a factory upgrade, but I think they are awful on an M6, too chunky. But we can't argue about taste now can we? :M5thumbs: The service I don't really care about. Once I get them I am through with them.

Any other suggestions anyone?

Frank.

·
Registered
49,475 Posts
Regarding brakes:
"No brakes for the M5. But we slammed on the brakes with our M5
at a very high speed, and they still work fine. These brakes are
much better than the E39 M5 ones.

I don't think it's worth it, to change the brakes."

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Gustav said:
Regarding brakes:
"No brakes for the M5. But we slammed on the brakes with our M5
at a very high speed, and they still work fine. These brakes are
much better than the E39 M5 ones.

I don't think it's worth it, to change the brakes."
Thanks for the information - I'll keep the originals! For some reason some of the early reviews talked about brake fade, but it sounds like the stock brakes are terrific. Now if the calipers were just more interesting looking...

·
Registered
49,475 Posts
Thanks for the pictures!

37 60 0295 J HARTGE CLASSIC 2 wheel set
9.5 x 21" offset 18 with 255 / 30 ZR 21 ContiSC-2 front
10.5 x 21" offset 22 with 295 / 25 ZR 21 ContiSC-2 rear
The front comes with 10 mm spacers (equals to offset 8).
Retail: 5,100 EUR 5+2 % rebate for m6board.com members.

Please contact Mr Jörg Wey at [email protected] or call Jörg at Hartge in Germany (speaks English). Tel.+49 6835/506-11 * Fax +49 6835/506-17

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks for the pics, they look much better on a black M6 (like I am getting). I did contact Hartge. I am a bit concerned about the rear fenders needing some work, some mods to the shockabsorbercover and the spacers. He did offer to fit them for me at Hartges.

Frank

ps. He is on holiday until Tuesday.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I am on the sports fraction. Those rims are not for recommendation. You don’t have any comfort, they loose grip abrupt. (this is very critical)

They are just nice looking rims but nothing more. 19" are a good compromise, with 18" or even better 17" you would be much faster on a race circuit. So the marketing guys asks for 19" or even 20" the engineers asks for smaller rims.

AM

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.