BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 07 m5 from original owner who had m6 wheels when he ordered the car. What size tire does a stock m6 wear? F/R? I'm not sure if the dealer or the owner would have put the right size on, and I need new tires so I want to be sure to get the most appropriate size.
I assume there are no rubbing issues with m6 tires and wheels. I thought I read that m6 wheels had larger offsets.

·
Registered
932 Posts
both the m5 and the m6 use a stock tire size of 255/40/19 front and 285/35/19 rear.

Rims:

M6 style rims on the m6 have different offsets then the m5 oem rims however bmw does make a set of m6 style rims with stock m5 offsets.

Stock m5 wheel size offsets
19x8.5 et 12
19x9.5 et 28

Stock m6 wheel size offsets
19x8.5 et 12
19x9.5 et 17

So what i am saying is if the previous owner got used wheels off an m6 then the rear wheels will be +11mm more aggressive then stock.

If the previous owner ordered from bmw the m6 wheel in m5 offset then their will be no difference to stock.

If you have no spacer on the front it should be obvious which set you have from looking since the rear will be more flush then the front. Also its more likely you have used wheels off an m6 since only it was only an option from the factory to get m6 wheels in m5 offsets in Europe. Still a chance they ordered afterwards tho....

Hope this helps

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, this is helpful. i went out and looked at the car... i am not sure. i know that the m6 wheels were ordered new from the dealer when the car was purchased.. but not sure if it was as an option or what the dealer ordered. ill study it more when I go back out.

honestly, not sure which I want to be true (m6 or m5 spec rear wheels)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I was running the OEM M6 wheels and they were great. I added spacers, front I added a 12mm and 5mm for the rear and suspension is on H&R and looked good and handled better. GL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts