·
Registered
933 Posts
not bad

how much hp in the modded E63?

·
Registered
138 Posts
That "modded" E63 is my car. It had K2, K&N on it, but actually lost power. The most it did was 395 RWHP. There is a lot info on this on mbworld. I wanted to run this stock m6 to see how my E would do. I was actually surprised, I expected a better showing for the M6 against a heavier car (4500lbs) and putting down around 400RWHP (dynoject). I just dynoed my car yesterday again and 395 was the number. Th headers did not produce any gains, neither did the tune. So overall, my car is very close to stock in terms of power #s.

For the those that are skeptical below are my dyno charts (all SAE corrected).

Edit: considering going back to stock manifolds now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NONE- THE -LESS We had a great safe day. Albert I think something is wrong, Doesnt the e63 leave the factory with 518? Your WHP shouldnt be that low. Not even at stock.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes, the E63 should have 518, but it seems that most of the W212 E63 dynos I've seen so far have been less then impressive, right around 400RWHP SAE. Even W211 dynos higher. Who knows. It might be the new MCT tranny, or maybe it just does not dyno that well.
But it does seem to perform better in the real world. I actually weighed my car it came right around 4300 with an empty tank. The car with me and an full tank is right around 4600. So compare that with a stock M6, which is likely to be 400-500lbs lighter. The M6 should have walked me bad, and not just top end, but from any gear, any speed. So the real world shows that E63 is most likely putting down more power then the dyno suggests.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
nice run

·
Registered
537 Posts
Nice runs! If the E63 AMG is very close to stock based on those dynos...then the M6 stock is even with a E63 AMG W212 stock? Well of course the M6 still has the top end high speeds advantage but still very impressive showing from the AMG.

·
Registered
531 Posts
nice runs!!! btw why does the dyno pulls go from 350's to 390's???

·
Registered
138 Posts
nice runs!!! btw why does the dyno pulls go from 350's to 390's???
350 was the very first pull in 5th gear (supposed to be 1:1 ratio). My jaw dropped when I saw that. ouich, :eek: WTF. Every subsequent pull in 5th or 4th was yeilding a higher number. I don't know why that is.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Great run

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes, the E63 should have 518, but it seems that most of the W212 E63 dynos I've seen so far have been less then impressive, right around 400RWHP SAE. Even W211 dynos higher. Who knows. It might be the new MCT tranny, or maybe it just does not dyno that well.
But it does seem to perform better in the real world. I actually weighed my car it came right around 4300 with an empty tank. The car with me and an full tank is right around 4600. So compare that with a stock M6, which is likely to be 400-500lbs lighter. The M6 should have walked me bad, and not just top end, but from any gear, any speed. So the real world shows that E63 is most likely putting down more power then the dyno suggests.
M6 are top end cars. I would love to run u again without your k2 tune and headers.

·
Registered
138 Posts
U dynoed the car again?
Nope. not yet, just got my car yesterday. But so far seems much better. The reason for the power loss in my view was a faulty header/cat installation. Not only the headers were not installed properly but my cats were shot as well :dunno:. All in all, I was surprised it even performed the way it did. Basically Kleemann headers (designed for W211 chassis) don't fit on W212 chassis, and the installer should have done the right thing and not proceed with the installation, but instead they forced and bent and other stuff. Anyway, I am happy that backed it all out. I should be producing close to stock power now, but the dyno will show. Also, I don't think the W212 E63 dynos well for some reason, I think the ECU detects that the car is not moving or something and cuts power. The real-world runs definitely show much higher power output.

Also, heard that MBUSA does not advise dynoing their cars and the dyno mode is only designed for emission runs for upto 50mph.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts