BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My buddy and I doing some pulls.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K_5Dbb-WO1c" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yep, I can see how pullys and a tune can give you about 20 poines. I see you gave him a slight fender length to compensate for the one passenger? :bookworm:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, I didn't intend on starting farther back, but it was close enough I guess lol.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Darrin's in P400. ;- )

·
Registered
476 Posts
Wow, that's a bit suprising to me just how quickly you pulled on him. It wasnt even close. I know the M6's are lighter, maybe the passenger in the M5 was a little bit "portly" (just joking!!). I guess your tune and exhaust is working well :) Thanks for the vids

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Nice runs nick. Your car is pretty quick.

Passenger in my car is only around 165lbs. I think those mods to the M6 really make the difference.

I don't think this would have any effect on the race but my oil presure is low and vanos oil line needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice runs nick. Your car is pretty quick.

Passenger in my car is only around 165lbs. I think those mods to the M6 really make the difference.

I don't think this would have any effect on the race but my oil presure is low and vanos oil line needs to be replaced.
I know man! that was fun, and put some damn oil Lol. All n all, it was a sweet brother to brother, m5 to m6 cruise :cheers:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know man! that was fun, and put some damn oil Lol. All n all, it was a sweet brother to brother, m5 to m6 cruise :cheers:
And when I say brother, I mean M5s and M6s are brothers Lol.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oil level is fine. Pressure is low.

Yes def was fun. Thanks for the vid
Ahhhh, the line needs to be replaced, my bad. Yeah I could tell your car wasn't up 100% :/

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not sure if the low oil presure even makes a difference.
I think it does man, does your engine temp ever run higher than usual?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
I don't think I would be racing a car with low oil pressure, not on that expensive of an engine.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
First of all, great runs guys! Nice stuff!
2nd of all, you won't know what your oil pressure is unless you get a message saying so, and if that happens.. you pull over right away!
3rd of all, oil temperature climbs when you drive it hard, that's normal. But should then become steady as you drive moderately. In colder climates, it's lower, in hotter climates it;s usually higher!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts